Steam Workshop is a feature, that helps in bringing game mods more easily. A lot of developers, along with fans create mods. Different games will utilize the Workshop in different ways.
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Using the platform of Steam workshop, the mod authors publish their work directly in the digital library. Therefore, players choose to subscribe to mods of their preference, mods they want to utilise in games.
- Team Fortress 2: You get to become a creator and submit new items such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, etc. This would therefore be considered for incorporation into the actual game.
You get to see the Workshop accessible from the Steam Community, where you come across various games. These games have got mods available for you to download and play. Therefore, you can see a catalogue of games that support the Workshop feature. In terms of preference, you can also see recently played games, featured games.
In the case of games that have got Workshop compatibility, you will come across a button. Upon clicking this button, you can directly access the Steam Workshop page of that particular game. But how to find Steam Workshop files on PC? Read this article to know more.
Steam: Find Workshop Files On PC
- Access Steam from a website
- Log in through your account
- As you log in on Steam through the website, you will come across the Community tab.
- Click on the Community tab, and it will have the Workshop option.
- This is how you can access the Steam Workshop.
- Now, this menu has got a range of games, which has got various forms of mods.
- Click on a mod of your choice.
- When you access the mod, check the URL.
- In the end, you will have an ID number (for example 2547764561)
- Open Windows Explorer and head to the Steam programme file location.
- From here, select steamapps
- As you click on this folder, you will come across the folder workshop
- Click on Content
- Once you reach this page, search for the ID number you copied from the Mod’s URL
- You will be able to find the Workshop file here
For more PC content, head here.