There are many ways through which we can customise our trucks with various forms of lights. However, a lot of available Light Packs are not compatible with customisation in American Truck Simulator. This article shares the details on how to add lick pack compatibility to trailers and trucks.
- Open the file location of the American Truck Simulator on your PC.
- This would be in your primary drive. In the majority of cases, the C: drive is the primary drive.
- From the American Truck Simulator folder, search for game.log.txt
- Here, you need to search for the work markers.
- This word is important cause it would help you add the light pack to your trucks and trailers.
- There are several light packs available for use in American Truck Simulator.
- We would go with the abasstreppas Hella Lamp Pack. You can download it from here.
You will be getting Hella Luminator LED, Hella Jumbo 320ff,/Hella Jumbo 320ff LED in the pack. Along with this, the pack would be providing you Hella Double Burner in 15 versions and Hella K-LED beacons in standard and compact versions. Although this is a Euro Truck Simulator mod, this mod is also compatible with the popular truck simulation game.
American Truck Simulator: Light Pack Compatibility
- After downloading the Pack .zip file, open or extract the folder.
- As the mod folder opens up, select def > Vehicle > addon_hookups
- Therefore, when you open the addon_hookups folder, you will come across a text file called abass_hella_pack.sii.
- This is a text document. Open this using notepad.
- In the mod, you will be getting a range of light packs.
- You will notice a section division for each light pack. Along with this, there would be a suitable for: tags associated.
- This tag helps us to know where the light can be installed.
- To ensure that these light packs are compatible with American Truck Simulator, you need to enter a code.
- The command is suitable_for: “markers”
- Copy and paste this command on every Light Pack you want to add and use in the game.
- Save this file.
When you restart the game, go back to customising trucks and trailers. On the top, you will find icons. Click the tag on the right, called Accessories. Upon clicking it, you will see how the Light Packs got enabled and are compatible for usage and customisation. For more gaming updates and guides, head here.
We would recommend you to watch this YouTube tutorial of ratr0 development, for a better understanding of editing the Light Pack text file.