The Sims 4 is a popular life simulation game that has a large player base. However, sometimes players may encounter a scripting error called “Script Call Failed”. This error can be frustrating, as it prevents players from enjoying the game as intended. If you too have been plagued by the same error, then you have landed on the right page. In this article, we will go over this “Script Call Error” in Sims 4 and tell you how you can fix it.
The Script Call Failed error is a common issue that can occur in games, in this case, The Sims 4. This error can be caused by a variety of factors, such as outdated or corrupted game files, conflicts with custom content or mods, or issues with the game’s scripts. Keep reading to know some potential fixes for this error so that you can resume your sims experience without any issues.
Sims 4 Script Call Failed Error: How to fix it
Fortunately, there are several steps that players can take to fix this error and get back to playing their favorite games. These solutions may include repairing the game through the platform that manages it, removing any custom content or mods that may be causing the issue, updating the game to the latest version, etc. Listed below are some potential fixes for this error and the steps to do the same.
Repair Via Origin
Firstly, try repairing the game through Origin, which is the platform that manages The Sims 4. To do this, follow the steps given below-
- Open Origin and right-click on The Sims 4 game icon.
- Select “Repair Game” from the drop-down menu.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Launch the game again and see if the error has been resolved.
Custom content and mods can sometimes conflict with the game’s scripts and cause errors to occur. Removing these mods may solve the issue so give it a shot. To remove custom content and mods, follow the steps given below.
- Go to the game’s installation folder and locate the “Mods” folder.
- Remove any custom content or mods that you have installed.
- Now launch the game devoid of any mods and see if you encounter the problem again.
Update the game to the latest version
If neither of these solutions works, try updating your game to the latest version. The Sims 4 is regularly updated by its developers, and these updates often contain bug fixes and improvements.
- Open Origin and go to the “Updates” section.
- Select The Sims 4 and click “Update”.
- Wait for the update to download and install.
- Run the game and check if that solves the issue.
Reset the game’s settings
In some cases, the Script Call Failed error can also be caused by outdated or corrupted game files. To fix this, try resetting your game’s settings. To do this,
- Go to the game’s installation folder and locate the “Game” folder.
- Delete the “Options.ini” file and the “Options” folder.
- Launch the game and the settings will be reset to their default values.
- Check if the error persists.
By following these steps, players can potentially fix the Script Call Failed error in The Sims 4 and enjoy the game without any issues. It’s important to note that some errors may require a combination of these workarounds or even further troubleshooting steps. If the error persists after trying these solutions, it may be best to reach out to the game’s support team for assistance. That is it for this guide, make sure to follow Digistatement for more such gaming-related content.