PS5 or the PlayStation 5 came out on November 10th, 2020. The next generational playing console ensures to take your gaming experience to another level, thanks to the high-level graphics and better FPS clocked by the console. But the new console by Sony is also prone to frequent errors. One of them is the reinstallation of the game. Despite a downloaded copy in the console’s storage, PS5 reinstalls the game again. What is this glitch? How to solve this error? Read the article to know more.
PS5 Error Fix
- Go to Settings (on the top-right)
- Access Storage
- In Storage, you will notice the game you are trying to install is already downloaded.
But despite this, the PS5 is reinstalling the game from scratch. To solve this
- First, delete the installed copy from your storage.
- Now, in your PS5, insert the disc.
- This time, do not touch any buttons on your controller
- Allow the game to load
- This time, after the console reads the disc, do not click on the Copy button.
- Wait for two minutes.
- You will notice that the game has started installing on its own
- This would be a clean installation
- Give it some time since PS5 game files are pretty heavy. Henceforth the games will take their time in downloading on your console.
To cross-check whether your console is glitching or not, try to re-insert the disc. See if it directly comes with the option of Play. In case you see the Copy button again, try the aforementioned procedure again. For more details, contact Customer Care in Sony, and report them about this reinstallation glitch. A Customer Care agent would be able to guide you in finding or clarifying the solution.
This is how you can fix the PS5 Disc Copy reinstallation glitch. Hope the article was able to help you out. If you want to find PlayStation guides and error fixes, then head here.