It is possible to share Plus benefits for various users on the same PS4. You can also share the same across multiple PS4 devices. Today, we will talk about the methods to share PlayStation Plus on PS4.
Before sharing the PlayStation plus to different accounts, you should have a PlayStation Network account. This applies to all the accounts that you want to share. Once this is done, follow the steps to share PlayStation Plus.
- You have to set the PlayStation Network account that has the PlayStation Plus as your primary PS4 account.
- From the main menu, open the settings page.
- Go to Account Management.
- Select Activate as your primary PS4.
- Click on Activate.
- Go back to the main menu.
- Open the menu to switch users.
- Select the account that you wish to share the PlayStation Plus with.
- Similarly, go to the settings in this account as well.
- Under Account Management, select the Activate as Primary PS4 and then click on Activate.
Now, both the users on the same console will have access to PlayStation Plus.
The process becomes a little complicated if you wish to share the PlayStation Plus on different consoles. For that,
- Head over to account management in the settings for your main account.
- Select Deactivate as Primary PS4.
- Now, log in with this account on the second PS4.
- Follow the steps mentioned above and select it as Primary PS4.
Doing this will enable you to grant access to other users on that PS4 for PlayStation plus. For providing access to Plus features to other users, follow the same process of activating each user as Primary PS4.
However, you have to keep a few things in mind. You cannot activate your account as Primary PS4 on two different consoles. Also, if you deactivate your main account from any console, the other users on that console will lose access to PlayStation Plus.
Finally, you should know that you can keep your account logged in on other consoles. But, other players cannot play using your account on two different devices. In simple terms, your account can not be used to play games simultaneously on two different devices. Doing this will result in a lock.
In case the steps are a little confusing for you, watch the YouTube video by Semi-Comprehensive Guide for help.