We covered a post on the upcoming update of Pokemon Go that will include Mega Evolutions. Two weeks later we already have information by dataminers. Head over to the Pokeminers twitter feed to find more interesting details on the upcoming updates. In this post, we will talk specifically about Mega Evolutions and assets arriving with it.
Note this information is presented by Pokeminers and is not official. All the information is subject to change according to Niantic.
Pokemon Go Mega Evolution Information from dataminers
Mega Evolution Badges
Two new badges are coming with the update.
- Total Mega Evolution Performed Badge
- Total Unique Mega Evolution Badge
According to the data, Mega Raid is arriving to Pokemon Go! This unique raid coupled with the Mega Pokemon Evolution makes things really interesting. We will also get new rewards, featured content as well as a unique mechanics. As we already know that Mega Evolution will require tasks to be complete they may use Mega raids as a factor as well.
Mega Evolution Icons
- A classic icon for Megaevolution
- These are coins. No use stated yet.
- This is the mega evolution candy that will help you to evolve your Pokemon
- According to file details, it will be a temporary evolution but will have the X and Y subdivision.
- There will be quests and research tasks to unlock Mega Evolution for a specific Pokemon.
- It will be interesting to see how the evolution would change a Pokemon. Will it give a straight up stat buff or ability buffs?
- The evolution would also affect the Combat Points of the Pokemon.
- There will be 46 Pokemon Species that can go through Mega Evolution.
There is a lot of interesting stuff regarding Mega Evolution in Pokemon Go. But there is no official date regarding the release. We can make an assumption that it will arrive soon considering the amount of details being revealed. We will update this article as soon as there is newer content on the update from the dataminers.