Update : OnePlus has pulled the Oxygen Open beta 12 following user complaints that they are unable to unlock their phones. We will be updating you once the update goes live again.
OnePlus has recently launched the OnePlus 8 series via an Online stream. Yes, there were no media or audience present at the event, but thousands of users watched the event Online. However, as the new phones are now launched, OnePlus is busy in its promotion, but the company is not forgetting its older devices. Despite coronavirus pandemic, older OnePlus devices are getting regular and timely updates. Now, 2019’s OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro are getting OxygenOS Open Beta 12 update.
The OxygenOS open beta 12 update is now rolling out for both the devices with the April security patch. Last month both the devices got Open beta 11, which brought the March security patch and a new instant translation feature. Well, the new Open Beta 12 brings a few more features like camera dirt detection feature, missing recording icon in-call screen, etc. Check out the complete changelog below:
OnePlus 7, 7 Pro OxygenOS Open Beta 12 – Changelog
- Optimized the volume adjustment to improve user experience
- Added the missing recording icon in call screen
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.04
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Added the ringing duration info for missed calls
- Now you can switch your mobile data on phone calls supported with VoLTE
- Added a feature which can now detect dirt on the camera lens, prompting a quick cleanup for better image and video quality.
This new Update for both the smartphones is about 317 MB in Size.
Note: OTA Updates are rolled out in batches. So, you might get the Update anytime soon, depending upon your location, if you haven’t already. To check for the OTA on your device, you can head over to the settings >> Software Updates.
However, if you don’t want to wait for the OTA, you can manually install the update from the download links provided below: