Mountain view tech giant Google rolls out new security updates for its Pixel devices and also publishes new security bulletin for Android very month. Due to the coronavirus pandemic across the globe, all businesses are affected and most of the cities of the world are lockdown. However, this isn’t affecting Google to roll out the updates for its devices. Continuing the tradition, Google is now rolling out the April 2020 security patch update for its Pixel smartphones.
List of Pixel to getting the April 2020 Security patch :
- Pixel 4
- Pixel 4 XL
- Pixel 3
- Pixel 3 XL
- Pixel 3a
- Pixel 3a XL
- Pixel 2
- Pixel 2 XL
The new update includes bug fixes to the specific device along with the latest security patch. Check out below the fixes each device is getting.
- Fix for memory leak which can prevent additional BLE connections: Pixel 2/XL, Pixel 3/XL, Pixel 3a/XL, Pixel 4/XL
- Fix for dropped Bluetooth audio input in call in certain scenarios: Pixel 2/XL, Pixel 3/XL, Pixel 3a/XL, Pixel 4/XL
- Fix for occasional lag while opening keyboard in certain apps: Pixel 2/XL, Pixel 3/XL, Pixel 3a/XL, Pixel 4/XL
Build Numbers :
- Pixel 2 (XL): QQ2A.200405.005
- Pixel 3 (XL): QQ2A.200405.005
- Pixel 3a (XL): QQ2A.200405.005
- Pixel 4 (XL): QQ2A.200405.005
Note: The OTA updates will roll out in a few days for the Pixel devices listed above. However, if you want to download the update manually, you can sideload the OTA using recovery or via other flashing tools. Below are the download links of the April OTA.