NHL 22 is an upcoming ice hockey simulation video game. It is the 31st installment in the popular NHL video game series. It is the first game in the series that uses the proprietary Frostbite Engine from DICE. The game uses the same engine on all platforms and also, the game is coming out on both last-gen and current-gen consoles.
This includes the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. Likewise, the game is currently in early access and it is coming out on consoles on 15 October 2021. This article gives you workarounds and fixes on issues with the online mode in the game. Likewise, you can also read the info on multiplayer mode here.
Here are some fixes and workarounds for the online modes not working in NHL 22
1) It is always important to have a fast and stable internet connection when playing any online mode in the game. The online mode problems are mainly due to a poor internet connection. Confirm that you have excellent network connectivity before playing the online modes and also, ensure a stable connection to the EA servers. Also, check if EA servers are online or not.
2) Some issues with the wired connection on your console can be the main cause of your problems. Likewise, switching the wired connection on your console can sometimes fix the online mode issues.
3) A workaround you can follow to fix the online mode issues is to power cycle your equipment. You can power cycle your console & modem to see if it is the cause of the problem. Here are the steps on how to power cycle your equipment: Initially, you should unplug your modem, router, and console from the power supply. Leave them without any power source connection for a while. After waiting a while, you should plug in the modem and router to the power supply first. Then, switch on the modem and router and get them back online. After everything is up and running, you should plug in your console to the power supply and switch it on.
4) Sometimes your Gamertag in NHL 22 can be the source of the problem. Therefore, you should change your Gamertag to see if it fixes the issue.
5) Another workaround for the online mode issues is to remove the profile & add it again.
6) You may also be facing some issues with the online modes due to license problems on the PS4. Therefore, restoring your game licenses can sometimes fix the issue. You can restore your game licenses by going to the following settings: Hit Select > (Settings) > [Account Management] > [Restore Licenses].
7) A potential fix to the online mode issues on the PS4 is to Rebuild the Database. You can do this by going into the Safe Mode of your console and selecting the Rebuild Database option.
8) The proper functioning of the online modes requires UPnP in your router. Therefore, always make sure that the UPnP option is enabled in your internet router.
9) Another workaround is to check your connection type in the Network Settings and to confirm that you have a NAT-2 connection type.
10) Sometimes a full reinstall of the game can fix a number of issues. All you have to do is to delete the game from your console and reinstall it again.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.