Another week comes with another snapshot in the world of Minecraft Java Edition. With the release for Minecraft version 1.16.0 nearing in, Mojang Studios has released snapshot 20w21a for Java players.
This new snapshot brings features such as support for custom world settings and dimensions, few changes to the game and some bug fixes. Here is 20w21a in detail :
Mojang has added certain new and extermimantal features with this update. Support for player’s custom world settings has been added. The developers have also added support for custom dimensions. These features are volatile and custom world settings may see a change from snapshot to snapshot.
Your worlds running on custom settings will be marked as “experimental” in the world list menu.
Other features include :
- ‘disableChat’ command line option.
- ‘disableMultiplayer’ command line option.
- Players will not be able to import and export world settings between worlds.
- Players will now be able to toggle between a redstone dot and a cross by right clicking on a single piece of redstone. A redstone dot cannot power surrounding blocks. Use this in combination with other redstone blocks to make crazy builds.
Changes brought to the game are as follows :
- Lily pads are now junk fishing loot.
- Piglins found in the nether will no longer walk around when admiring gold.
- During bartering when the piglin is holding a gold ingot in its hands, hitting it will cause the gold ingot to disappear. It will be in the piglin’s inventory.
- The amount of ores (quartz, gold and ancient debris) found in the Basalt Deltas has now been decreased to balance the reduction in the amount of Netherrack in this biome.
- Logos for Mojang Studios and Minecraft have been updated.
- Temporary removal of structure settings from flat level preset strings.
Mojang has now added the ability to control the height of spreadplayers command.
Custom world and custom dimensions have also been brought to the game.
- Map making sound uses equipment sound subtitle
- Using item which modifies the held item shows “Gear equips” subtitle
- Trying to interact with entity 3 or more blocks away without seeing its eyes only interacts client-side
- Zombie banging on door subtitle is called “Block broken”
- When any non-player entity enters an End portal the obsidian platform is not regenerated and the entity can fall into the void
- Hostile mobs will sometimes stop attacking/following their target when directly next to it
- Subtitle from foxes eating chorus fruit: “Player teleports”
- Fish flopping sound shows ‘Footsteps’ subtitles
- Nether Sprouts item not visible when held in the hand in first person
- Piglins would rather hold a golden item instead of a crossbow
- Parrots don’t imitate hoglins, zoglins and piglins
- Piglins immediately dismount any entity that they are riding
- Taking product out of stonecutter produces no subtitle
- Polar bear step sound does not have subtitles
- Turtle egg’s name inconsistently capitalized across different subtitles
- Blackstone and basalt prevent Ancient Debris and other Nether ores from generating
- Zombie Villagers are called “Zombie” in some subtitles
- Nether planks, their variants, and hyphae are harder than stems
- Ancient debris and nether gold ore can’t generate in Basalt Deltas
- Crash when setting LodestonePos of compass to something other than NBT compound
- There is no space on the beacon’s secondary power effects in the UI
- Trying to open old worlds (in Region format?) without version information in snapshots does not show warning screen
- Game crashes when trying to generate a nether biome superflat world with ruined portals
- The buttons are not selected in the right order using Tab in the new world creation menus
- Buckets cannot be emptied into a source block, but still produce a sound when trying
- Chunks with redstone are removed
- Chunks that haven’t been explored since 1.13 are resetting
- Vindicators stop attacking you when they are standing really close to you
- 15 Block States per SubChunk Limit during World Upgrade
- Wither skeletons don’t spawn inside of wither roses
- Piglins still do not change their current crossbow for a new enchanted one
- Carving Mask BitSets created for lower chunk statuses
- Named seeds that are not numbers are not being recognized