The number of good co-op horror games can be counted on one hand, so it’s always great whenever we get to see a new game added to the list. Well, Zeekerss’ Lethal Company happens to be the latest addition to that list. Released on October 23, 2023, the game is now under Steam’s early access program and is supposed to stay that way for about six months. However, that can change depending on how well the development goes. Now, many players are already enjoying their time in the game, scavenging moons and earning profits. But there are some aspects of the game that are making it particularly hard for players to enjoy the experience. And one of those aspects is the in-game FOV.
FOV or Field of View refers to the observable game world. Typically represented as an angle, each player has their own set preference when it comes to FOV. Some prefer wide FOVs, while others like to narrow them down for a myriad of reasons. No matter what your preference is, it’s always good to know how you can change FOV in a game. So, how to do this in Lethal Company? Continue reading to find out!
Lethal Company: How to change FOV?
Unfortunately, at the time of publishing this guide, Lethal Company doesn’t offer any way of changing FOV as per player preference. The community certainly wants a FOV slider, but we are yet to see something akin to it. Well, that’s the situation officially right now. But you need to keep in mind that Lethal Company is a PC game, and as such, players will always find an unofficial way of including something that isn’t there from the get-go.
Currently, there’s one way using which you can change FOV in the game, which happens to be a plugin/mod. And it’s pretty easy to install, too. Follow the steps to install this plugin/mod:
- Head over to the FieldofView plugin page (developed by ayteeate) for Lethal Company by clicking here. Download the “com.ayteeate.lethalcompany.fieldofview.dll” file and ignore the other two.
- Now, go to the BepInEx GitHub page and get its latest version. This time, a .zip file will be downloaded.
- After the BepInEx download is done, extract that .zip file into the Lethal Company folder. Following that, run the game so that the BepInEx config file can be generated.
- The config file will be located inside – BepInEx/config, with an initial log file inside too.
- Now, close the game, copy the recently downloaded .dll file to the BepInEx/plugins/ folder, and then launch the game once again.
- Once you are in the game, open the chat window by pressing the default key: “/”. Here, to change FOV, you need to enter the following command: FOV [FOV value here]. For example, if you want a FOV of 80, type in FOV 80.
- Do note that FOV is limited between the values of 66-110 and that the FOV value will be saved in the config file located in the BepInEx/config/ folder. Additionally, if you want to know more about the BepInEx installation process, you can take a look at this official installation guide here.
Since Lethal Company just entered early access, we can understand why Zeekerss hasn’t been able to add every possible setting to the game. Being a one-man dev team can be hard, especially when you are making a multiplayer title where players expect content at regular intervals. Plus, dealing with all the major and minor issues that come with each update is also something quite hard to tackle single-handedly. Give the game some time, and sooner or later, Lethal Company will get a FOV slider officially. But for now, this is what you can use in the meantime.
Well, that’s all you need to know about changing FOV in Lethal Company. And if you want to know how to change keybinds in the game, check out this guide. As always, don’t forget to follow DigiStatement for more guides like this. Also read: Lethal Company Inverse Teleporter: How to get & use