Do you also want to install Baldi’s Basics on your Chromebook? Read the full article to learn more and follow along the steps mentioned to install Baldi’s Basics on your Chromebook. Baldi’s Basics is a free-to-play 2-D survival horror indie video game. This single-player game became popular due to its humor-like difficulty and some strange levels. IT is available to play on Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS, and Android. However, in this article, we are going to talk about how you can install this game on Chromebook. So, here is what you need to know.
Baldi’s Basics on Chromebook
As we have mentioned above that this game is only available on Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS, and Android. Therefore, you will need to enable the Linux Mode on your Chromebook so that you can enjoy Baldi’s Basics. Follow the below-mentioned steps to install Baldi’s Basics on Chromebook. (Go to Settings> Advanced> Developers> Linux Development Environment(Beta)> Turn On)
- Firstly, visit here to download the Linux version of Baldi’s Basics.
- After completing the download, head to the location where it got downloaded and drag the downloaded file into the Linux File folder.
- Now, Open the Chromebook Terminal and get ready to enter some commands.
- Firstly, enter “unzip BALDI_1.4.3_Linux.zip” in the terminal. This step will unzip all the files that were present in the file that you downloaded in Step Number 1.
- Now, enter “chmod 777 BALDI.x86_64” and hit enter.
- After this, enter “./BALDI.x86_64 –disable-framerate-limit“. This step will launch your Baldi’s Basics on your Chromebook. Now, the question arises that will you have to type the commands again and again? The answer is No. Further steps will guide you to create a launcher or desktop icon. Through this, you can easily launch Baldi’s Basics on your Chromebook.
- Enter “sudo apt install menulibre” and hit enter.
- Press “y” and hit enter.
- Now type “menulibre” and hit enter. A new window will pop up.
- Select Games, and click on the “+” icon on the top left corner.
- Now, click on ‘Add launcher’ and name your Launcher as “Baldi’s Basics” you want.
- Then go to the command section (just below the rename section) and click on the ‘files’ icon. A new window will open.
- Now, in this window, go to home, select “Baldi’s Basics“, then click “OK”.
- Now, click on the ‘Save Launcher’ icon on the top left corner of the window. When you are done, close all the windows.
You have successfully created a separate launcher for Baldi’s Basics. You can find it in the Linux Apps folder in the menu.
Read More: How to install Lunar Client on Chromebook?