Do you also want to install Parsec on your Chromebook? Read the full article to know more about it and follow along the below-mentioned guide to install Parsec on Chromebook. Parsec is a very handy and useful software for video game streamers. This software allows players to play a game on one screen and display the visuals of the game on another screen through an internet connection. Though this software is only available for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Raspbian, Android, and Linux, we will be guiding you to install it on your Chromebook. So, here is everything you need to know about it.
Parsec on Chromebook
As we know that this game is not available specifically for the operating system of Chromebook, so we will be using Chromebook Linux Mode in order to install Parsec on Chromebook. (For Linux Mode, Go to Settings> Advanced> Developers> Linux Development Environment(Beta)> Turn On). Therefore, follow these steps to install Parsec on Chromebook.
- Open the main menu and then open Terminal from there and get ready to enter some commands
- Now type “sudo apt update” in the terminal and hit enter. Wait for the result of this command to get completed.
- After this, type “sudo apt install flatpak” and hit enter.
- After the result is loaded from the command, press “y” and hit enter. This will install some files. Let them install completely before moving to the next step.
- Now, enter “sudo flatpak remote-add –if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo” and hit enter.
- Now, enter “sudo flatpak install flathub com.parsecgaming.parsec” and press enter.
- After entering it, the terminal will ask for your permission twice. So, press “y” each time, and the terminal will complete the installation process.
Unlike other methods, this method does not require putting extra commands to make a desktop icon for the game. You can find the Parsec launcher or icon along with other Linux apps on your Chromebook.
Read more: How to install Lunar Client on Chromebook?