For a gamer, frame drops are a curse. There are many players who play games on medium or low-end devices and their PC struggles with getting the optimum FPS in the game. In this article, we are going to touch on the topic of boosting FPS for a game that contains a hell lot of graphics, i.e. Forza Horizon 5. So, if you are also struggling with FPS issues while playing FH5, then continue reading this article.
FH5 boost FPS
To boost the FPS of Forza Horizon 5 and enhance performance, we will be setting some Windows as well as in-game settings. So, let’s get started by jumping right into the Windows Settings first.
- Search for Game Mode in the Windows Search bar and make sure that it is turned on.
- Below the Game Mode settings, you will see the Xbox Game Bar. Make sure to turn it Off because the screen overlay it shows eats a lot of FPS. Also, turn other overlaying applications like MSI afterburner or Discord.
- Make sure that the Game Capture is also turned off.
- If you have an NVIDIA Graphics Card, then you must search for the Graphics Settings in Windows Search Bar and make sure that Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling is on. Don’t forget to restart your computer after applying these settings.
- Make sure that your Windows and GPU are up to date. To Update windows to the latest version, type “Check for Updates” in the Windows Search bar and click it to see the available updates. To update your GPU version, you can go to the links of the particular driver you are using:
- Type Power Options in the windows search bar and make sure that it is set on either Balanced or High Performance.
- HDR: Off
- Resolution: The native resolution of your Monitor
- Frame Rate: 120-140
- Resolution Scaling: Off
- Vertical Synchronization: Off
- Fullscreen: On
- Show FPS: On
- Motion Blur: Off
- Anisotropic Filtering: High
- Shadow: Low
- Night Shadow: Off
- Motion Blur Quality: Low
- Environment Texture Quality: Medium
- Environment Geometry Quality: Low
- MSAA: 2x
- FXAA: Off
- SSAO Quality: High
- Reflection Quality: Medium
- World Car Level of Detail: Medium
- Deformable Terrain Quality: Medium
- SSR Quality: Off
- Lens Effects: High
- Shader Quality: Medium
- Particle Effects Quality: Medium
- Ray Tracing Quality: Off
So, these all are the setting that will help you increase the FPS by 30-40%. If you found his article helpful, share it with your friends.