After a lot of delays, the F1 2021 game was finally released for the players on 16th July 2021. The game has received wide acclaim from players all over the world, and players are just loving it. The game is certainly better than the previous ones in terms of graphical fidelity and gameplay.
F1 2021 has seen an overhaul in the handling of cars from the last year. Cars have got a better controlling this year thanks to the overall reduction in the downforce of the cars as compared to the last year. There are several other changes to look out for as well.
Just like other PC games available, F1 2021 also features controller support for those who want something better than just a mouse and keyboard. So players can simply connect their controllers or gamepads and enjoy the game to the best. But rarely is any game that does not come with any issues, glitches or problems. The same is the case with F1 2021.
Within a day of its release, the F1 players started reporting issues of the game either not validating their controller or not detecting it properly. Players report that when they connect their PS4 controller, the game detects it as Xbox One controller. That problem seems to be ridiculous, but it is what it is.
A player reported using a 1st Party DualShock 4 plugged directly into his PC (not DS4 Windows). While Steam recognized the controller as a DualShock 4, the game showed Xbox One controller on the screen.
Now the question is, is there any fix to this issue? While the developers have not made any official comment on the issue or its solution, the bug brains have managed to find a solution of their own. And it has reportedly solved the issue for many! Here are the basic steps you need to follow –
1. Launch Steam in big picture mode.
2. Go to the Games Library and then right-click on F1 2021.
3. Select the Properties or Manage game option.
4. Click on the Controller option. From the pop-up menu, set Steam Input Per Game Setting to Forced off.
5. Restart the game.
Here are some essential things to keep in mind before plugging in the controller –
• Always remember to connect the controller before starting the game. Avoid connecting it after starting the game to avoid complications or issues.
• A controller has drivers that are usually updated with automatic Windows updates. If you have disabled updates before or it’s been a while since you last updated, you’ll need to check if there are any drivers released for your controller. Here are the steps to follow –
1. Right-click on the Windows start button.
2. Select Device Manager and find your controller on the device list.
3. Right-click on the controller and select Uninstalldevice.
4. Restart the PC with the controller plugged in.
5. The drivers will be reinstalled automatically.
Hopefully, these solutions might solve the issue of your game not recognizing the controller you are using.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.