The next and newest iteration of the popular golf video game, EA Sports PGA Tour is here and the consensus around it is pretty positive. Developed by Electronic Arts Orlando-based studio, EA Tiburon, this fresh title took its opening shot on April 7 on the PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and Windows. EA has had a long history with golf titles, with PGA Tour Golf being its first-ever release in 1990. Since then, the company has been the major producer behind golf titles, with EA Sports PGA Tour being the latest in the series. Their experience in this niche has allowed them to create and innovate their games, something which fans have appreciated. Bundled with exciting gameplay features like Pure Strike, Course Dynamics, and Ball Behavior, the game is a must-try for both new and veteran golf aficionados. But that’s not all. EA Sports PGA Tour also comes with cool and awesome character customization to double the fun.
Player customization has long been an integral part of games, no matter the genre. From Elden Ring to EA Sports PGA Tour, the freedom to create and customize your character has only advanced. So, how do you customize your character in this newest EA Sports golf title? Well, let’s find out!!
EA Sports PGA Tour: How To Customize Your Character
Whether you are playing on the PS5 or Xbox Series X/S or Windows, the character customization can be accessed easily from the main menu. For gamers who don’t want to edit and customize their character and jump right into the game, you can just select a random character by selecting the “Randomize Golfer” option.
If you do want to spend some time customizing your character, then choose a golfer of your liking. Next, you will see your chosen golfer along with your caddie. From here, you can edit your selected golfer’s appearance. There will be six main customization options – Head, Body Type, Biography, Hair, Swing, and Caddie.
1) Selecting Head will take you to a new window with two options – Face and Eye Color. As the name suggests, you can choose from a myriad of selections here. Once satisfied, you can move on to the next option. One thing to note here is that the face models are already sculpted from the get-go. This means that you will not be able to edit their complexions, face details, and other complex customization.
2) Body Type only gives you two choices. Choice one is muscular while choice two is a bit more muscular and “fat” in terms of body proportions.
3) In Biography, you can edit your age, pronouns, and name, if you already haven’t created one. There’s also the country and hometown option.
4) Hair has more extensive selections to choose from. Once you arrive on this screen, you will be presented with six sub-options – Hairstyle, Hair Color, Facial Hair, Facial Hair Color, Eyebrows, and Eyebrow Color. Try out the options presented to you and select accordingly to your taste. Once done, you can move on to the next part.
5) Swing will give you two sub-options – Swing Animation and Swing Style. Animation has three options to select from – Balanced, In to Out, and Sweep. Style has five sub-options, namely – Handedness, Ball Trajectory, Preferred Shot Shape, Swing Tempo, and Course Management.
6) The last customization option is the Caddie. Unfortunately, unlike your player character, your caddie doesn’t have an extensive list of options to choose from. All you can do is select a face model which you prefer to play with. Once done, congratulate yourself. You have successfully customized your character in EA Sports PGA Tour.
Compared to other games, EA Sports PGA Tour’s character customization options seem a bit lacking but it is what it is. Maybe EA will allow more customizations in the future, but cannot know for sure. Anyways, don’t forget to bookmark DigiStatement to get the latest on all the happenings going around in the world of gaming.