EA Sports PGA Tour is currently a victim of many bugs and issues. It is not the first time that an EA game is encountering issues in its initial days of launch. Having said that, many EA Sports PGA Tour players are encountering the “Unable to connect to EA/PGA server” issue. If you are also encountering the same where your game is not able to connect to the servers, then you are at the right place. Carry on reading this guide till the end to find out everything about this issue and know more about its potential fixes.
The issue in which players are not able to connect to the game servers is only limiting the gameplay up to an extent since this game is also available to play in offline mode. But still, it needs to be resolved since players are unable to enjoy the multiplayer experience. Server-related issues are common in most video games. The general reason that causes this kind of issue is the overloading or high traffic on the game servers. But, there can be other reasons as well that could create such kind of problems. That being said, let’s see if a fix for this issue exists yet.
EA Sports PGA Tour Unable to connect to EA/PGA servers Issue
The server connectivity issue that is happening in the game, according to an EA Community Manager, is occurring majorly due to three reasons:
- Network-Related Issue
- Account-Related issue
- A pending download or update
Update the game to its latest version
Make sure that the game is updated to the latest version. You can check for updates via the EA App, or through Steam. If an update is available, install it immediately, and then launch the game.
Network Related Issue
You might be encountering this issue, if the EA servers are down. To verify the same, you can check the social media handles of EA and can also visit websites like DownDetector to find out if the servers are live and functioning or not. However, there can also be a network-related problem at your end. Make sure that you are connected to an active and stable internet connection before trying to launch the game. If you are facing a similar kind of issue with other multiplayer games as well, then the issue lies with your internet connection. You can also troubleshoot your internet connection if the connectivity issues are only occurring in EA games.
Console Users can troubleshoot their internet connectivity in multiple ways. Here are some recommended steps to follow. After trying them out, launch the game to see if the issue gets resolved.
- Quit all other apps that are running in the background on your console.
- Remove or disconnect all the devices that are connected via USB.
- Install the Software Updates if there are any pending updates lined up to get installed.
- Set the DNS Settings to 220.127.116.11 (Primary) and 18.104.22.168 (Secondary). You can change the DNS servers by going into the Network Settings of the console.
- Xbox users can also clear the Alternate Mac Address in the device’s settings. For that, go to Settings > General > Network settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac address > Clear. After doing this, don’t forget to restart the Xbox console before launching the game.
If you are encountering this issue on your PC, here are some methods you can try to fix it.
- Firstly, you should clear the Cache of the EA App. To do the same, go to the top left menu > Help > App Recovery > Clear cache
- Verify the game files on Steam or EA app. For that, go to EA App, and head to the game’s page, then look for the Scan, Repair option. For Steam users, head to the Library, right-click on the game, select Properties, and then click on the Local Files tab. Now, click on the Verify Integrity of game files option.
- Make sure that your Windows is updated to the latest version. To check if there are any pending Windows updates, type “Update” in the Windows search box and hit enter. It is also crucial to ensure that the GPU drivers you are using are updated to the latest version. To install the latest updates, you must visit the GPU Manufacturer’s website.
- Ensure that no other application is running in the background. However, it is also important to know if any other application or service is not barricading your game’s internet connectivity. For that, allow the game through Windows Security, Antivirus, and Firewall services by adding it to the exceptions list. In the case of third-party antivirus software, you can also temporarily disable it to see if the issue gets resolved.
- You can also change the DNS servers to the default Google DNS servers [22.214.171.124 (Primary) and 126.96.36.199 (Secondary)]. For that, go to Network & Internet section in the Windows Settings.
On the other hand, if the game is also giving you an error message that asks you to change your EA account’s password, then you have probably run into the Account-Related issue. To rectify the same, change the credentials for your EA account. Follow these steps to do the same:
- Go to EA Help Website
- Go to the “Log In” screen and then select the “Forgot your Password?” option
- Follow the steps following the popups to reset your EA account password.
- After the password is changed successfully, restart the game and see if the issue is resolved.
Are these methods worth trying?
All these troubleshooting methods are laid down by one of the Community Managers of EA. Although all the methods are helpful and quite important to perform, they might not be the problem solvers for everyone. There are many players who were not able to get rid of this issue even after performing all the troubleshooting steps. Some players are even facing similar issues with other EA games as well. So, in that case, you should be prepared with your crucial game-related details and contact EA customer support for personal assistance.
This brings us to the end of this guide. If you found it helpful, make sure to visit Digistatement for more such gaming content.
Related: EA Sports PGA Tour Character Model Not Loading/Rendering Issue: Is there any fix yet