Call of duty is a game series that is considered to be one of the best among the games that belong to the First Person Shooter genre. This action game series has a record of successful Call of Duty games. One such game is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (II). Packed with a good storyline and engaging missions, this game is visually stunning too. But, there are a lot of players who are not able to enjoy this game completely as they are getting errors. One such error that is frustrating for the players is the Dev Error 6144. If you are also facing this error and are looking for a solution, then you are at the right place. In this article, we will be covering all the important details regarding how to fix the Dev Error 6144 in COD Modern Warfare 2 (II).
COD Modern Warfare 2(II): How to fix Dev Error 6144
This error usually occurs during Multiplayer matchmaking. You are kicked out of the matchmaking process and then this error pops up. Follow these steps to fix this issue on your system.
1) Restart Game – This is the most basic thing that you can do when the game shows this error. All you need do is to just simply exit the game. After a while, again start the game, and this time you won’t face this error and will be able to play the game correctly.
2) Restart system – Another thing that you can do is restart your PC/Console. When you restart your system, many cache files get deleted thus increasing the chances of smooth performance of your system. After restarting, you will be able to play this game normally.
3) Check your Internet Connection – Checking your internet connection is indeed an important step as this error usually occurs during multiplayer matchmaking, for which a stable internet connection is mandatory.
4) Check Server Functionality – Online games make use of servers for online matchmaking. The server plays a crucial role in multiplayer matchmaking as well as gaming. This is the reason why checking the server status of the game is also important because if the servers are down, then all you can do is wait till the server goes live again.
5) Open the Weapon Menu while in queue
According to a few players on Reddit, accessing the Weapons menu after starting the matchmaking queue solved the issue for them. Although there is no solid confirmation on the same, it is still worth a try.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.