Fans of the Legend of Zelda franchise have been blessed with a new title to play on their Nintendo Switch. However, being a Switch-exclusive title, the game is not available on other popular platforms like PC or PlayStation. This casts away a huge number of players from the game. As a savior for those PC gamers, there are emulators available to run the game on PCs. The requirement is that you own a copy of the game, to avoid getting into legal issues. Remember, Nintendo is extremely intolerant of the emulation and piracy of their games. With the successful installation of an emulator, you are likely to run into a host of problems. One such problem is the Black screen issue while running the game on the Yuzu emulator. So if you are facing the same, keep reading to know how to fix it.
When it comes to emulating Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom on PC, Ryujinx, and Yuzu are the emulators that seem to get the job done, albeit not with the utmost stability in performance. The issue we are discussing today is the infamous black screen error while playing the game on PC using the Yuzu Emulator. Well, one player facing the problem posted the same on Reddit:
“Tried everything I could find recommended to me, but I got nothing. Gets past the “launching” section, but then just black screens.”
The comment section of the post was echoed by other players stating they have run into the same problem. So what is the fix for this pesky issue? Keep scrolling as we go over it.
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (ToTK) Black Screen Issue on Yuzu Emulator (PC): How to fix
Like fixing the “game not launching” error in the Yuzu emulator, fixing this issue is simple. The fix for this error too includes players downloading a particular file and placing it in the mods data location path of the emulator. If all of that sounds overwhelming and difficult to follow, don’t worry. We have got you covered with an easy-to-follow guide.
- Start by heading to this link and downloading the file needed for the fix.
- After downloading, extract it to a path you remember.
- Next, launch the Yuzu Emulator on PC.
- From the list of games, select Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.
- Right-click on it and click on “Open Mod data location”.
- In the path that pops up, paste all the contents of the mod file that you downloaded and extracted earlier.
- Close the tab and right-click on the game from the library again.
- Head over to Properties and check any unchecked boxes in the “Add On” tab.
- Launch the game and the black screen issue should now be solved.
And there you have it, by following the steps given above, you should be able to work your way around the black screen issue. Additionally, make sure to keep your emulator up to date. Also, use the latest keys and other required files to run the game.
Well, that is all for this guide. We hope it was helpful and for the best settings to play Tears of the Kingdom on Yuzu Emulator, click here. Before you leave, make sure to follow Digistatement for more gaming reads like this.