Wo Long Fallen Dynasty is a great game. But, players have apparently run into a number of issues while playing it on PC. All these are pretty big problems that completely ruin the whole experience. Naturally, everyone wants to get rid of these issues but most players don’t know how to do so. Well, this is quite normal because most of the time, you need to go through several methods in order to resolve an issue. So, if you are also looking for viable solutions, then you have come to the right place.
Wo Long Fallen Dynasty has been struggling with major issues since Day 1. Folks have reported performance and overall optimization problems, including issues like the game not launching, crashing, stuttering, freezing & black screen on PC. Below, we have a couple of methods that might help you out. So without further ado, let us begin.
| Also read: How to fix the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error in Wo Long Fallen Dynasty?
Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Not Launching, Crashing, Stuttering, Freezing & Black Screen Issue on PC: How to fix it?
Now, as we mentioned before, there are a couple of methods to resolve such issues in games. We have listed all of them below for you.
1) Reboot your PC-
The first step is to reboot your PC. This generally fixes small bugs and glitches. A bad system boot can trigger various issues while playing video games.
2) Verify the game files-
Corrupt or missing game files are quite common with video games. But, you can easily fix this issue by verifying or repairing the game through Steam. Below, we will tell you how to do so.
- Launch the Steam Client.
- Go to Library.
- Right-click Wo Long Fallen Dynasty.
- Click on Properties.
- Head over to the Local Files tab.
- Click on the Verify integrity of the game files option.
3) Update your GPU drivers-
Outdated GPU drivers can also trigger a lot of issues in video games. So, always make sure to keep them up to date. To do this, visit NVIDIA’s or AMD’s website and check if there is a new update. If there is, then download and install it immediately.
4) Run the game as Administrator-
Next, you should run the game with Administrative privileges. To do this, go to This PC and then head over to Steam/steamapps/common/WoLongFallenDynasty. Here, right-click the game’s executable file and then click on Properties. Next, go to the Compatibility tab and then check the box next to the Run this program as an administrator option. Then, click on Apply> Ok and close the Window.
5) Disable Fullscreen optimization-
For the next step, you will need to disable the fullscreen optimization option. For this, you will first need to go to the game’s installation folder. It is generally in C/Steam/steamapps/common. Here, you will find the Wo Long Fallen Dynasty folder. Head inside and then right-click the game’s executable file. Now, go to Properties and head over to the Compatibility tab. Now, check the box next to the Disable Fullscreen Optimization option and then click on Apply. Next, click on Ok and then launch the game.
6) Run the game in compatibility mode-
To do this, you will once again need to go to the game’s installation folder. Once inside, right-click the executable file and then on Properties. In the Compatibility tab, check the box next to the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” option. Now, from the drop-down menu, select Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10. Then, click on Apply and launch the game.
7) Change the Time, Langauge, and Region-
You might face these types of issues in Wo Long Fallen Dynasty if your PC’s time, language, or region is set wrong. Fortunately, you can easily change these settings on your system. To do this, just follow these instructions-
- Press the Windows key and then type Settings.
- Open the program and then go to the Time and Language tab.
- Here, first, go to the Language and Region option.
- Inside, make sure that your Country/region is set to what it is on Steam.
- Also, set the preferred language to English.
- Now, go to the Date & Time tab and make sure to sync your clock with the Internet.
8) Delete the local saves-
Note that doing so will erase your in-game progress. But, it might also fix the issue so that you can start playing the game once again. But, where are the files? Well, first, go to This PC and then head over to Documents. Now, look for the Wo Long Fallen Dynasty folder and delete it. If you cannot find this folder, then open the My Games folder in Documents. A lot of games store the local saves inside this folder.
9) Allow the game through Firewall-
Your Firewall will block the game or its files if it feels that they are a threat to safety. But, you can allow the application to skip through these checks. To do so, just follow these instructions-
- Press the Windows key and type Control Panel.
- Go to the Windows Defender Firewall tab.
- Now, click on the “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” option.
- Next, scroll down and check if Wo Long Fallen Dynasty is on the list or not. If it isn’t, then click on the Allow another app option and click on the game’s executable file.
- Close the menu and restart your PC.
10) Update your Microsoft Visual C++ files-
If you did not know, Microsoft Visual C++ files are important to run video games on your PC. Usually, games update these files during installation. But in case this did not happen, you can manually do so. To do this, download the latest version of the files from Microsoft’s website. Then, install them on your PC. Don’t forget to reboot your PC after doing this.
11) Disable the Steam Overlay-
Steam opens a small window each time you run a video game. This uses system resources and might cause crashing and stuttering issues while gaming. But, you can easily disable this feature through the Steam Client. Just follow these instructions to do so-
- Open the Steam Client and go to Library.
- Right-click Wo Long Fallen Dynasty.
- Go to Properties.
- Head over to the General tab.
- Uncheck the box next to the “Enable the Steam overlay while in-game” option.
12) Close all the background tasks-
Tasks running in the background use a lot of system resources. You can easily close them through the Task Manager. All you have to do is follow these instructions-
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Head over to the Programs tab.
- Check for any program that is using too many system resources.
- Click on that program and then click on the End Program button to close it.
13) Run the game through the dedicated GPU-
Your dedicated GPU is the main powerhouse on your PC. So, it is important for you to run the video game with this graphics card. To switch your GPU, you will need to do a couple of things first. We have mentioned them all below.
- Press the Windows key and type Graphics Settings.
- Now, click on the Browse option.
- Go to Steam/steamapps/common/WoLongFallenDynasty.
- Click on the executable file and then click on Add.
- Now, click on Wo Long Fallen Dynasty and then click on Options.
- Next, select the High-Performance NVIDIA GPU from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save and then close the settings.
14) Launch the game with dx11 or dx12-
You can easily do this through the Steam Launcher on your PC. All you have to do is go to Library and right-click Wo Long Fallen Dynasty. Now, go to the General tab, and under the Launch Options, type the following code and then hit enter one by one.
15) Reinstall the game-
In the end, if nothing else works out for you, then your best bet is to reinstall the whole game. Since this is quite a hassle, we recommend doing this as a last resort. So, uninstall the game from your PC and then remove all the game-related files. Then, do a clean installation.
Well, this also brings us to the end of the article. We hope that you were able to resolve the issues. Stay tuned to Digi Statement for more such gaming guides.