We have got to know a lot about the OTT platforms in the last few months. Many people have a misconception that Netflix is the oldest streaming service but they are unaware of the fact that Hulu is also the oldest streaming service. Hulu was launched in the year 2008, just one year after the launch of Netflix. It has not got a chance to expand beyond the territories of US but it is still one of the most well-known streaming services that has a huge library of movies and TV shows and it also includes Live TV.
After the launch of Disney Plus, Hulu has been in an unusual spot because Disney is the owner of the majority of Hulu but still Hulu provides the best service with some popular original content. Till now it is not available outside US but we hope that changes soon. Hulu has been one of the best and largest streaming platforms in United States and has around 32 million subscribers. The Live TV subscription plans of Hulu include around 60 cable TV channels along with the standard streaming catalog. It works in the same way like the other streaming services with a remote server which includes all the content. You can connect the server on your device and start the streaming.
Since Hulu is a very popular and widely used streaming platform in US, it faces a lot of issues and other errors which sometimes irritates its users. A few users of Hulu said that when they tried to stream any content, they had to encounter a few errors and one of them is the ‘Hulu api.token error 5’. This error has been a major headache for many users and they have tried to make a few changes in the settings of their streaming devices expecting that this might get solved but it still remains the same. The api.token error 5 is caused usually if the device that you are using is not compatible. It can happen if the server if down and there is excessive traffic. There might be some problem in your hardware and this can lead to the api.token error 5 and your internet connection might not be a strong one. Still, if you want to fix this yourself, you can follow these steps –
- One of the basic reasons for the Hulu Token Error 5 can be your internet connection. You should check and ensure that all the proxy servers are not active. You should restart the router and wait for a minute after you plug out the main power cable of the router and plug everything back. This will clear the temporary configurations and things will be reinitialized. Now connect the computer to the internet and check if the issue has been solved or not.
- You might be using an old version of the Hulu app. Check for the updates and download them.
- Clear the app data or cache of Hulu.
- You can remove the app and reinstall it again and check if the issue still exists.
- Restart or update the Roku device. Sometimes, the error occurs because the software of your device might be an old one.