In the digital library Steam, there is a feature we come across called Steam Workshop. In simple words, the Workshop is a feature that helps in bringing game mods more easily. A lot of developers, along with fans, create mods. Therefore, the Workshop provides a platform to these developers by rolling out the mods for download and installation. The Workshop is a huge database of mods.
The Workshop brings mods differently for a different range of games. For example:
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Using the platform of the Workshop, the mod authors publish their work directly in the digital library. Therefore, players choose to subscribe to mods of their preference, mods they want to utilise in games.
- Team Fortress 2: You get to become a creator and submit new items such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, etc. This would therefore be considered for incorporation into the actual game.
When you open Steam, there is a tab called Community. It is the Steam Community, where you can find the Steam Workshop, which brings various mods. Mods for these games are available for download and play. As a result, you’ll be able to see a list of games that support the Workshop feature. You also get to browse items with a filter. These filters are
- Most Popular
- Top Rated All Time
- Most Recent
- Most Playtime
Steam: Install Subscribed Items Of Workshop
- Access the Steam Workshop from the Community Tab
- From there, you will get to see your account display picture, where Steam says Your Workshop Files.
- Click on Your Workshop Files
- Now this will take you to a new page.
- From here, select Subscribed Items (notice the tab on the right side)
- Click on the Subscribed Item of your preference.
- This will take you to the specific webpage. Copy the entire URL.
- Go to steamworkshop.download and paste the URL of the Subscribed Item
This is how you can download Subscribed Items from the Steam workshop. For more PC guides, head here.