For many players, Privacy plays an important role. The same is applied to the case of players who use Steam. For many Steam players, their recent activity is out there for display. This includes
- The games they were playing
- How many hours ago they were playing the game
- When was the last time they were active
For a lot of players, they want to hide this. There are concerned about their privacy and look forward to hiding recent game activity and game hours. How to hide these? Read this article to know more.
Hide Recent Game Activity & Game Hours
- Go to your own profile page (which can be done by tapping on your username at the top)
- Henceforth from here, go to Privacy Settings.
- As your Privacy Settings open up, check Game details
- From here, you’ll see the following option
Always keep my total playtime private even if users can see my game details
Click on this option by ticking the box.
Recheck The Changes Made Using Web Browser
Since we would be viewing the profile from our side, we cannot check the progress made by changing the settings. So copy the page URL and open it in a new browser. As you use this URL to open the page on a browser, you will notice the change. If you are logged in through Steam on your browser, try Incognito mode. The recent activity is not displayed anymore.
This option also includes the Recently Played option. By checking the box, you also hide the Recently Played tab from your public profile page. As a result, viewers who got access to your profile would not be able to check your recently played games. The tab would not be visible and the page might take more time to load. This is is how you can hide Recent Game Activities and Game Hours from Steam.