It is very annoying for players when a game crash is experienced in any game. Players of Splitgate are also facing the same issue. If you are also getting troubled by this issue, continue reading this article to know how you can fix it.
Splitgate is a free-to-play multiplayer First Person Shooter game that is currently in its beta run. It is developed and published by the 1047 games. The beta run for this game was started in 2019 for PCs and in 2021 for other gaming consoles. Moreover, the full release of this game is still to be announced by the publishers. We have already discussed the expected release date in detail, head here to read that article. Coming back to the topic, here are some steps that you must follow to fix the Splitgate Crashing Issue in 2021.
Splitgate Crashing Issue: How to fix it?
This fix is oriented towards the PC players. Firstly, we would like to mention here that this game must not be judged until the full version is released. As mentioned earlier, Spligate is still in its beta run and developers are delaying the full release of the game to ensure the best quality servers for the players. So, without any further ado, let’s get right into the solution:
Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Open Steam
- Go to your Library and “Right-Click” on steam.
- Select Properties
- Here, under Local Files, Click on “Verify Integrity of game files”
- Let the system check the integrity of game files. In this process, steam will detect the corrupted files, delete them, and will reinstall them.
Change DPI Settings
- Head to the File Location of Splitgate by clicking on “Browse”. (In steam library only)
- Right Click on the Splitgate launcher
- Select Properties
- Here, under the compatibility tab, check the option saying “Disable fullscreen optimization”
- Click on Change DPI Settings
- Check “Override High DPI scaling behavior”
- Click on Ok
- Click on Apply and then on Ok
Allowing it through Windows Firewall
- Search for “Firewall and Network Protection” on Windows Search Bar.
- Open it and click on “Allow an app through Firewall”
- Click on Change Settings> Allow Another App> Browse
- Here, head to the location of Splitgate folder and select the Splitgate Launcher.
- Click on Open
- Click on Add
Your game must be fixed by now. Share this article with your friends if you found this helpful.