Sons of the Forest is more than just a game – it’s a journey into the unknown. The forest holds many secrets, and it’s up to players to uncover them all. With its deep storyline, compelling characters, and haunting atmosphere, this game is sure to leave a lasting impression on anyone who plays it. It also offers multiplayer progression which means that you can enjoy the game with your friend. But what if accidentally you end up losing the saved files? In that case, this is the tutorial you need. In this article, we will tell you about the location of the multiplayer save files of Sons of the Forest and also guide you on how to transfer them.
If you’re playing the game with your friend, it might happen that you or your friend’s progress is lost due to unknown reasons or a simple PC reset. This can be frustrating, especially if you both had put in a lot of effort to progress. One common issue is losing the save file, which can set you back in the game. However, if you and your friend have the same progress in terms of unlocked items, then there is a way to duplicate your progress with them without having to explore all the caves and locations all over again. Keep reading to know more about this.
Sons of the Forest Multiplayer save file location & how to transfer it
Well, the solution is to manually transfer your progress to your friend’s game. This can be done by creating a backup of your game files and then transferring them to your friend’s computer. If you don’t have any idea about the location of the multiplayer save file, then we have got you covered. Just follow the steps given below.
- Go to your game files on your PC by navigating to
- C:\Users\”User name folder”\AppData\LocalLow\Endnight\SonsOfTheForest\Saves and select the “multiplayer” folder.
- From there, select the save file you want to transfer.
- Next, copy your PlayerInventorySaveData.json and PlayerStateSaveData.json files and send them to your friend.
- Once your friend has received the files, have them join your game and save, then exit.
- Once your friend has saved their progress, make sure they replace their PlayerInventorySaveData.json and PlayerStateSaveData.json files with the ones you sent them.
- Then, have your friend re-enter the game, and their progress should be duplicated to match yours.
If you follow the steps outlined above, you should be able to transfer your saved progress to your friend’s game, or vice versa. And that is all for this guide. We hope you found it helpful, and if you did, then make sure to follow Digistatement for more gaming-related content.
Sons of the Forest Screen Flickering & Screen Tearing Issue: How to fix it