Sims 4 players are often facing the Script Call Failed error. In the game, when you attempt to place a couch, some doors, or maybe even a bed, you will come across the Script Call Failed error. But in this article, you will get all the details on how to solve this error. Follow the instructions step-by-step.
Sims 4: Electronic Arts folder
Access your Windows Explorer. From here, you need to check This PC and choose Documents. In the Documents folder, you will see the Electronic Arts folder. This folder contains The Sims 4 files. You need to tweak the folder a bit, to fix this error. To do this:
- You can rename the folder (let’s say Electronic Arts OLD or something of your choice, for your own reference).
- Another thing you can do is shift this Electronic Arts folder to a new location. Simply drag the folder and keep it on the desktop.
Now you need to access Origin. When you access Origin, make sure that your Online mode is on. It is important to keep the online mode. If you are on Offline mode, simply click on the Origin tab on the top-left and click on Go Online. To repair the game from Origin, you need to access The Sims 4 from the Origin library. From the left, click on My Game Library, through which you can access the game. When you see The Sims 4, right-click to access the in-game menu. You need to select the Repair option. Origin will repair the game for you.
- From the main menu of the game, select Options.
- When the Game Options menu opens up, select Other.
- From here, choose Enable Custom Content and Mods.
- Along with this, enable the Script Mods Allowed option.
- Click on Apply Changes, and close the game by clicking on Exit Game.
You will notice that in Windows Explorer when you access Documents, the game has already created another version of the Electronic Arts folder. Here, inside the folder, you need to keep the latest mods and CC loaded by downloading them, if you are copying from the old mods folder, make sure to copy them in batches.
Another way you can fix this issue is by downloading, The Sims Studio program. It does not contain fixes for all mods/CC but it can help you to repair some mods. You can download the program from here.
This is how you can fix the Script Call Failed error in The Sims 4. For more gaming guides, click here.