Are you not able to access Online Mode in The Sims 4? Or are you not able to access items in the gallery? There are ways in which you can fix the Gallery not connecting error in The Sims 4. In this article, you will get to know the trick on how to fix this error. Read the article carefully and follow the instructions step-by-step to get this error fixed.
Sims 4: Fix Gallery Not Connecting
This problem can stem from your anti-virus or even your Windows Firewall. Therefore, to avoid your anti-virus or your Firewall blocking the file, you need to add this as an exception. Therefore, in your preferred anti-virus programme, you need to add the Origin folder as an exception, so that the software does not detect Origin as a dangerous file.
From your Local Drive (usually the C:\ drive, you need to select Program Files (x86). Here you will come across the Origin folder. Select the entire Origin folder and add it as an exception in your anti-virus. Along with this, there is another folder which you should add to your anti-virus. Browse for the Electronic Arts folder. The location would be from
Windows Explorer > This PC > Documents > Electronic Arts
Along with this, you also need to add the software to the firewall. To do this:
- Search for Firewall & Network Protection from the search bar (located in the taskbar, adjacent to your Start menu button).
- As the Firewall & Network Protection window opens up, select Allow an app through the firewall.
- A window would open up. Here, you would choose and tick mark on all the applications of The Sims 4. Along with this, click on Allow another app..
- This is where you will head back to Program Files (x86) and choose Origin as an exception.
- Tick mark on the Origin option, once it is added and save the changes
Along with this, there are two more things you need to do:
- Delete the localthumbcache.package file from The Sims 4 folder.
- Therefore, after you are done with this step, ensure to repair the game from Origin. Simply open Origin, and head to My Game Library. There you would be able to find the game.
- Right-click on The Sims 4 and you will get the option to Repair. Origin will repair the game for you.
This is how you can fix the Gallery not connecting error in The Sims 4. For more PC gaming-based guides, click here.