Are you facing trouble in accessing/opening/loading the Sims 4? Is this taking place after the update? Read this article where we talk about the possible causes and the fix for this error. Therefore read the details carefully as you might be able to track the triggering source and solve the error.
Sims 4 Not Working Post Update: Causes
Often, outdated Mods or CC can cause the game not to work after the update. If you have enabled Automatic Updates in Origin, EA will update the Sims 4 regularly, whenever an update rolls out. You can notice that the game has been updated through some signs. A major sign would be Mods Disabled message. When you start the game and you come across the window at startup, this means that your game is running on the latest version. To check the status of your mods or CC, keep an eye on the Sim 4 Forum. Your game might have a broken or an outdated mod, due to which Sims 4 is not opening post update. Another reason why you might face frequent game crashes can be due to saving/tray files getting corrupted. If your system drive (where Windows is installed) has got storage shortage, that can also clog the game performance.
To fix the game, head to
Windows Explorer > This PC > Documents
- In Documents, you will come across the Electronic Arts folder. Simply rename the file as something of your convenience. You can also drag the file and keep it on the desktop. Keep it there as you would be using the folder again.
- Now from Origin, access the game library and choose The Sims 4.
- Therefore, once you come across the Sims 4, right-click to get the drop-down menu. From here, select Repair.
- After Origin repairs the game, launch it. Then once the Sims 4 opens up, go to Options.
- From here, Enable CC, Mods & Script Mods by ticking the respective boxes. Apply the changes and exit the game.
- Back in Windows Explorer, you will see that a new Electronic Arts folder has been created. Inside this. you will see a Mods folder.
- From the older Electronic Arts folder, paste all the saves, tray and screenshots files to the newly generated folder.
- In terms of Mods, you can copy the Mods from the older Mods folder. But make sure to transfer it in small batches (not all of them together!).
- Henceforth, if you need to update it with the latest files, download the latest Mods/CC and put them in the Mods folder, to update them for game operation.
You are not supposed to delete the older Electronic Arts folder (which we recommend you to relocate to desktop). This is because the EA folder has got the saved files, builds, Sims, CC and Mods. You can also download and install the programme called TS4 Tray Importer. This would help you to check what tray files got corrupted, It can also be used to import tray files, to the new location. Hence this is how you can solve the Sims 4 crashing problem, that occurs after an update. For more gaming based updates, click here.