When The Sims was released on February 4, 2000, little did the world know that a revolutionary change was about to begin. The immense success the game received changed our outlook on the simulation genre. Simulation games started getting classified as pre-Sims and post-Sims, and gamers enjoyed every bit of this experience. The Sims started out as an individual video game and has been made into a series shortly after, with each installment resonating the echo of its predecessor’s success and at the same time, forging an identity of its own. Slowly but surely, The Sims became a household name in the world of video games.
The latest release in this series, The Sims 4, is a global hit. For the first timers out there, The Sims 4 is a life simulation video game developed by the Redwood Shores studio of Maxis and published by Electronic Arts. It is the fourth major title in The Sims series and was originally announced on May 6, 2013. It was released in North America on September 2, 2014, for Microsoft Windows. A Mac-compatible version of the game was released on February 17, 2015. The Sims 4 is the first PC game to top all-format charts in two years since its release. The worldwide release of the game for PlayStation 4 and Xbox 1 took place on November 14, 2017.
There was and is no looking back, The Sims 4 is forging ahead, and now, near the pinnacle of its glory, it has released a new update on 25th February 2021. To know more, read on…
This update Is available for Mac, Pc PS4 and Xbox 1. It is titled “Coming of age at 21 in ’21”, to celebrate the The Sims’s 21st anniversary on February 4 2021. Yes, the video game series is 21 years old and still ruling over the simulation genre.
For PC the current version of the game including the latest update is 22.214.171.1240 and for Mac it is 126.96.36.1990. Whereas for consoles the latest version(including the update) is numbered 1.38.
The bug fixes in this update(for console) include:-
1) An issue in the control scheme screen was fixed where the screen did not display the “Edit Color” option when Creating a Sim. Another issue in which the options for the L1 (PlayStation 4) and LB (Xbox One) buttons were not showing up on the same screen, was also fixed.
2) Now when randomizing Skin Tone colors, pressing the X Button (PlayStation 4) or the A Button (Xbox One) will select and apply the correct tone, previously there was an issue with the tone which was being applied.
3) In the Create a Sim menu, the “Play button” control option that would appear randomly in the dynamic controller layouts has been removed.
4) Alignments were made on the Main Menu Home and Packs tab as they were not looking right when Simmers switched to Mouse and Keyboard.
The bug fixes for PC and Mac include:-
1) An issue in the Create a Sim menu that did not allow body presets to be present as an option for children and Toddler Sims has been fixed.
2) For Simmers that experience a Last UI Exception error in Create a Sim while selecting Skin Tones, the issue has been resolved.
3). The UI team has fixed a few imperfections in Create a Sim/Pet, wherein the Pet breed’s thumbnails will no longer look disproportionate in the Coat Color/Pattern section in the case of Simmers that own Cats and Dogs, Sims’ makeup sliders will no longer overlap with color swatches and highlighting color swatches will no longer make them look offset, Skin Tones sliders now hide appropriately when changing to other parts of the Sims to customize, Saving customized color swatches will no longer create duplicates of the base color swatch used to create the custom color, and finally, The Save button will no longer function inconsistently when utilizing the opacity sliders.
4) Gallery Notifications on the Main Menu are now more opaque.
5) The localization team has made some gameplay improvement adjustments and also perfected some of the in game text across all packs and previous updates.
Other features of the update include :-
1) All 8 Alien skin options can be used to customize the skin tone colour.
2) Robot Vacuums clean up messes instead of just roaming around.
3) With the update, the Culling should start when loading into a Lot. for Simmers with low-end machines, the Culling may take some time to complete. Afterward, Simmers should see an improvement in performance when playing these saves.
4) The “Store No More Home Fabricator” will now properly display the number of bits and pieces that are owned by Sims.
5) Children will no longer look like they have put a leg through a rocking chair when reacting happily to rocking.
The list doesn’t stop here, the update also features new items added in by independent creators, they are:-
1) Ruffle Ribbed Top (15 colors) and female jeans(14 colours) by AHarris00Britney.
2)A hat, titled, Purrfect Knitty Kitty Cap by Feral Poodles.
3) Shades of Expression Lipstick Glossy, a makeup item by grimcookies.
4) A Country Flower Vase with the name- Flowers From Your Not-So-Secret Admirer (7 colors), a Halcyon bar stool called the groovy times bar stool(22 colours),a Halcyon dining chair, called the greatest gift chair (19 colours), a Halcyon 2 x 1 table called around the sun table(13 colours) and a Halcyon 3 x 1 table called once more around the sun table (13 colours). All of which are credited to HeyHarrie.
5) Food items– butter chicken, chocolate mousse and Palak paneer, credited to icemunmun.
6) A skin detail called crow’s feet, added in by Luumia.
7) A cloud mirror called cloud cutie mirror(2 variations), a grove console called all the things table (28 colours) and a wardrobe called thank you wardrobe(29 colours), all of which were added in by peacemaker_ic.
8) Primrose and Toby style eyebrows and a makeup item called Yuno highlighter, all of which were added in by PeachyFaerie.
9) A toddler shirt (8 colours) and a Toddler cuffed jeans (6 colours) both of which were added in by storylegacysims.
Overall, the latest update has been well received and the fans are happy with it. The game is growing rapidly and more such updates are planned ahead with exciting new items and events.