The Sims 4 is a great open-world game, and with Mods, the gaming experience gets enhanced. But often at times, you might struggle in the game, where it crashes a lot. But there are ways through which you can repair this, even without removing your CC. In this article, you will find all the details on how you can fix The Sims 4 game/Mods without removing your CC.
Drag And Drop Mods Folder To Desktop
Firstly, you need to copy the Mods folder to Desktop. Simply Drag and paste the folder on your desktop, or you can also Copy (Ctrl + C). If there’s a copy of the Mods folder left in the Sims 4 folder, make sure that you delete the same. We will use the mod folder which we have copied to the desktop at the end or will install new mods.
Delete Specific Files
- Open the Windows Explorer. As you open the Explorer, you will come across various files on top, under the This PC category.
- From the category of This PC, choose Documents.
- Therefore, when you open the Documents folder, you will see various folders of software and files inside your PC. From here, you choose Electronic Arts.
- Since the Sims 4 is an Electronic Arts (EA) game, you will come across The Sims 4 subfolder.
- Open the folder and you need to delete three files from the game folder. The name of the files are:
Remember that these files can come back, even after deleting. It’s completely normal, so you can delete these files, for repairing the game.
Sims 4: Repairing Via Origin App
Another way you can fix your Sims 4 game is by repairing it via the Origin application. To do this:
- Open Origin and access My Game Library
- Here, you will come across The Sims 4.
- Right-click on the game and you will get the option of Repair in the drop-down menu.
- Select Repair and the Origin app will start repairing the game.
- After the game has been repaired by Origin, ensure to be on Online mode, and launch the game.
- Now just after the game launches, exit from the game.
You will see that the Mods folder has been generated, along with the other cache files. In case this does not take place, try to exit Origin completely by signing out. Sign back in and enable the online mode in Origin. Launch the game and then exit the game.
Now, you can fix this error by downloading the latest Mods or copying those previously copied mod files (desktop ones) back to the mods folder.
These are some ways you can fix the Sims 4 without removing your CC. For more PC gaming updates, click here.