Sims 5 is long overdue, but fans are still nowhere near finished with Sims 4. Even so long after its release, the game still manages to pull off almost 50k players each and every month. And the only reason that’s possible is due to the plethora of fun, albeit costly, DLCs. In fact, Sims 4 is one of the few games on Steam that has a large number of DLCs, with Train Simulator 2019 and Rocksmith also having their own sets of absurd amounts of DLCs. Aside from that, Sims 4 also enjoys great community support and has some amazing mods that players can play. Among those mods is Healthcare Redux, which is regularly recommended by the community for players who want to enjoy more healthcare-related things in-game. And this guide in particular will help you installing that mod in Sims 4.
Healthcare Redux is one of the many fun mods developed by the popular Sims 4 modder, a.deep.indigo. In fact, she has developed lots of other interesting mods like Ghost Hunter Career, Pet Careers, SimNation Travel, and many more. Coming to the Healthcare Redux mod, it adds illness, injuries, allergies, medical emergencies, and such into the game. All in all, if you aren’t satisfied with what the base game and the Get to Work expansion offer in terms of healthcare and wellness, get the Healthcare Redux mod. So, follow this guide and find out how you can install the HCR mod in Sims 4.
Sims 4 Healthcare Redux mod: How to get & install (Download link inside)
One major thing you need to keep in mind when installing the Healthcare Redux mod is that it will not work without the Get to Work expansion pack. So, if you don’t have it installed, do so and then follow the instructions below:
- Players can get the Healthcare Redux mod from either its itch.io page or through the Patreon page. Don’t forget to get the generalpiemenus mod too.
- Once you’ve downloaded HCR, head to this page and get The Mood Pack Mod from Lumpinou.
- After downloading the aforementioned two mods, extract the downloaded .zip file.
- Inside the newly created adeepindigo_gameplaymods_HealthcareRedux_[version number] folder, you will find two folders titled Medications and Optional Addons. Along with that, there will be several Package files.
- Now, head to the following path and delete the localthumbcache.package file: C:\Users\[YourUsernam]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
- Next, either copy-paste or cut-paste the adeepindigo_gameplaymods_HealthcareRedux_[version number] folder into the mods folder of the game. Do the same with The Mood Pack mod and generalpiemenus too.
Note: The CORE .package files and script are required to run the mod, so transfer them. Besides that, the mod comes with the following modules, which you can either use or not, depending on your preference:
- Death Disabler
- Medical Emergencies
Now, all you need is to launch Sims 4 and play the game with your newly installed mod. Once you have installed the mod, you will get to play the game with features such as natural immune system levels, chronic conditions, new diseases, and whatnot. Suffice it to say, there’s a lot of fun to be had with Healthcare Redux, so go ahead and enjoy it to the fullest.
And now that you know how to install the Health Redux mod, why not check out how to deal with the Healthcare Redux mod not working issue in the game? And as always, don’t forget to follow DigiStatement for more guides like this. Also read: Sims 4 Horse Ranch Expansion: How to Breed Horses