Rocket League, the popular hybrid of racing fast cars and football, goes a step further with custom mods. With a platform like Steam Workshop, getting new maps makes the gameplay more fun. As a result, the custom maps in Steam Workshop helps Rocket League players to enjoy various forms of maps and gameplay. But a lot of you have been trying to play these maps while opening Rocket League from Epic Games. How to play Workshop maps on Epic Games? Read this article where we provide the guide to you.
Rocket League: Access Map from Steam
- Go to Steam’s website, using your browser and login through your ID
- On the to, you will come across the Community tab.
- Click on this, and you will be able to access the Steam Workshop
- Now, when the Steam workshop opens up, search for Rocket League from the search bar.
- This will bring all the mods of Rocket League, including maps.
- Therefore, we would select a map of our choice. For example, Speed Jump: Rings 3 – by dmc
- Click on the map name, and you will be redirected to the webpage of the map.
- Instead of subscribing to the map, copy the URL (the website link) from your browser’s address bar.
- After copying this, head to a Steam Workshop downloader (it would be a third-party website)
- Paste the link and download the file.
- Henceforth, after the file gets downloaded, keep the ZIP file for now.
Now to ensure this map in Epic Games, you need a Map Installer.
- Download Lethamyr’s Map Installer
- Complete the Installation process
- After completion of installation, the application would open up.
- From here, you will get to see three lines on the top-right.
- Select the first option of Change Custom Map Folder.
- Make a folder in your preferred location (like Desktop).
- Name this folder as Maps. Select this folder.
Custom Map Loader
- Now, after you change Custom Map Folder, you need to change the Rocket League Folder.
- To navigate this, go to your primary drive (it’s the Local C: drive)
- It would go like Local Disk > Program Files > Epic Games > rocketleague.
- Select the rocketleague folder
Now that we got out Custom Map folder, we will extract the downloaded ZIP file of the Workshop map of Steam. Take the extracted files in the Maps folder and make a new folder in Maps. Now move the extracted files of the Steam Workshop map to this new folder. This would help the Map Installer to detect the files and bring them into the game. You can see the new map in the Map Installer. Click on Load under your new map, and the files will be uploaded to Rocket League.
You can check this new map by opening Rocket League and click on Play. From here, choose Training. Therefore, click on Free Play, and you will get to see your new Steam Workshop map on Rocket League while playing from Epic Games.