Are you also facing lag, low FPS, and stuttering issues while playing Rainbow Six Siege? If yes, then this article is going to help you fix this issue. Read the full article for more details.
Developed by Ubisoft Montreal, Rainbow Six Siege is an online tactical shooter game. It was released in 2015 being a successor to Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6: Patriots. As this is an online game, many players want the game to run smoothly. In this article, we are going to discuss some methods that can help you increase FPS, reduce input lag, and fix stuttering issues. So, here is everything you need to know.
Increase FPS, Reduce Input lag & Fix Stutter
Firstly, you must ensure that you are playing this game on the latest version of Windows 10.
Disabling “full-screen optimization”
- Boot up Rainbow Six Siege and return to your desktop while the game is running in the background.
- Now, start Task Manager, right-click on Rainbow Six, and click on Open File location.
- When you reach the folder, select the .exe file and open its properties.
- In properties, go to the compatibility tab, and ensure that “disable full-screen optimization” is checked. Also, click on change DPI and check “override high DPI scaling behavior. and click OK.
- Make sure to repeat these steps for the RainbowSix_Vulkan file also.
GPU Drivers optimization
You can check any pending updates of GPU Drivers. If you want to update your Nvidia GPU, you can head here, or if you have an AMD Radeon, you can head here. Make sure to Restart your PC after updating GPU Drivers. You must also set your GPU settings with the aim of maximizing the benefits.
Optimize HDD/SSD where this game is installed
Go to the search bar and search for “Defragment and Optimise Drives”. Now, optimize the drive in which you have installed Rainbow Six Siege.
Delete trash files
You should delete trash files by running, %temp%, temp, prefetch in the ‘Run’.
You must try these methods on your PC and let us know below whether these methods worked for you or not. Share this article with your buddies to help them fix lagging issues.