The PS5 provides a great gaming experience. At times, we want to share our gameplay with the world. With the presence of YouTube, sharing becomes easier and gets available on a large scale. As a result, many people attempt to upload their gameplay videos screen-recorded on the PS5. In this article, we share the details on how to upload files on YouTube from your PlayStation 5.
To begin with, you need to have the video files saved in the system storage of your PS5. These video files need to be visible and accessible from the Media Gallery of the PlayStation 5. To upload videos on YouTube from your console, a pre-requisite would be linking your YouTube account with your PlayStation 5. But we would recommend you to have a separate YouTube account on your PlayStation. This account would be solely used for storing and uploading videos for YouTube from your PS5. Therefore, to connect your YouTube account with the console:
- Access Settings from the top-right
- Now select the option of Users & Accounts.
- From here, you will get the option of Link with Other Services
- As you click on this sub-tab, this would show all the platforms with which linking is possible. This also includes YouTube.
- Click on YouTube. Therefore, when the link page comes on screen, click on Link Account. You need to input your Google credentials to log into YouTube from PS5.
- With successful login, your YouTube account would get linked with the PS5.
PS5: Upload Videos to YouTube
Now, you need to head back to your Media Gallery. From here, you need to select the video which will be uploaded. Before you do the procedure, read the steps very carefully as you need to do it as soon as possible. This is because, in the process, the PS5 might crash due to some error bug. Hence you need to follow the coming steps very quickly. Read the instructions very carefully.
- On your PS5 controller, you will see a small button on the right (adjacent to the ▢△◯X dial pad). This button is often used to pause a game.
- Click on this button, and a pop-up menu will come out. The first option highlighted would be Share.
- From here, the first option for sharing would be YouTube. Quickly click on the X button to confirm the selection.
- As you click on YouTube, the first option would be to Upload. Select this.
You will get to see your file getting uploaded on YouTube. If your PS5 crashes and restarts, you will see that the file uploading occurs, or you might have completed the uploading procedure. The developers of the console are yet to release a patch to fix this error. But this is how you can upload a video from your PS5 on YouTube. For more PlayStation content, head here.