Rocket League is a very popular game with unique dynamics. It has combined soccer and cars brilliantly. Soccar is the standard mode where you participate in a team soccer gameplay. You have to use your car to hit the ball and ultimately score a goal. Speed Flip in Rocket League is a common skill that you should master for better gameplay.
A speed flip is a combination of a front flip and an air roll. As a result, your actual movement will resemble a diagonal front flip. In addition to that, just after landing, you have to align the car in line with the ball. This will be very useful during the kick-off to reach the ball in no time.
The steps to perform a speed flip are fairly simple. Before that, you have to do a few things.
- Open the Options menu in Rocket League.
- Navigate to the Controls tab.
- Under this tab, click on View/Change Bindings.
- Now, scroll down to Air roll left or Air Roll right option.
- You have to assign a key bind to this option. Select the key to assign it. For example, if you select the L1 key while the air roll left is selected, it will assign the L1 key for the air roll left.
Perform the FLIP !
Now, you have to learn how to do a speed flip. Follow the steps correctly. Assume that L1 is selected for air roll left.
- Press the required key to drive the car forward.
- Hold down the L1 key and perform a front flip.
- As soon as you land, press the normal air roll button and pull the analog stick in the same direction. For example, if you do an air roll left just after landing, pull the stick to the left.
- This will correct your landing and you can easily land on four wheels for a stable move.
Also, keep in mind that before doing a speed flip, put your car at an angle opposite to the air roll direction. For this case, as you will perform a diagonal flip to the left, angle your car a little to the right. This way, just after landing, your car will be in a straight line with the ball.
Keep these steps in mind and practice diligently. You will be able to perform Speed Flip in Rocket League with ease. For additional updates on the game, you can follow their Twitter Handle.