Sony Entertainment has established itself in the world of electronics. The PlayStation series is a well-known console franchise. The PlayStation 4 is currently owned by many in the world. We all know that the latest PlayStation 5 has hit the market recently. However, PS4 is still a long way from getting extinct. Today, we will discuss the PS4 unrecognized disc issue.
It is a common practice among players to use discs of the games they want to play. Long-term usage of the same disc undoubtedly puts scratches on the data surface of the disc. Before proceeding any further, take out the disc from the console. Use a soft piece of cloth to gently rub the shiny surface of the disc. It will clean out the dust on the surface. Now, check if it is working.
Fix for Unrecognized Disc
Well, if the disc is still unrecognized, then move on to the solution. It is a very easy fix. If you hear any weird noises coming out of the console, do not panic. Just follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the menu on the PlayStation 4.
- Click on Turn off PS4.
- Wait for the console to shut down completely.
- Connect the controller directly to the console using a USB cable.
- Now, press and hold the power button on the console until you hear two beeps.
- Your PS4 will boot up in safe mode.
- In the Safe Mode menu, click on Update System Software.
- Select Update Using Internet option.
- The available version will show on the screen.
- Press the X key on the controller to download and install the system update.
- Put the disc back in and try to access it.
This will hopefully fix the issue that is with the PS4. However, this issue can also be due to a physically damaged disc. In case your disc has scratches that render it useless, there is no fix for that. Unfortunately, you will have to buy a new disc.
While you are performing the fix, if you get stuck in any of the steps, refer to the YouTube video of Qieri. He has explained the steps inappropriate detail.