Looking for a guide through which you can update the System Software of PS4 through USB? Read the full article to learn how to do it correctly. PlayStation 4 is the home video game console Sony Computer Entertainment. This gaming console is the successor of PlayStation 3 and a predecessor of PlayStation 5. There is a question that arises in the minds of many PS4 owners, which is, could they update the System Software of PS4 through USB? The answer to this question is Yes. So, here is everything you need to know about how you can do it.
Update PS4 System Software through USB
Here are some steps that you can follow to update the system software through USB in PS4:
- Firstly, you must be having a USB Drive. You do not need any high-end USB Drive. A normal 8 or 16 GB USB Drive would work (depends on the size of the update)
- Now, go to your PC and plug your USB drive into it.
- Format your USB Drive. This step is compulsory because PS4 would not read the USB Drive correctly if not formatted.
- Now, open the blank USB drive and create a new folder naming it as “PS4”.
- Open the PS4 folder, and create another new folder naming it as “UPDATE”.
- Open the UPDATE folder and drag the PS4 update file here. Make sure the name of this file is written in capital letters. (Usually “PS4UPDATE.PUP”). In case you do not have the update file, visit here to download the latest update file of system software.
- Now, completely turn off your PS4 and insert the USB Drive containing the updates.
- Then, open start PS4 in safe mode. (Hold the power button until the second beep to start PS4 in safe mode)
- After Starting, press the PlayStation Button and select “Update System Software”. Then, select Update from “USB Storage Device”.
So, these steps will lead you to update the system software to the latest version through USB. If you found this article informative, share it with your friends.
More guides about PS4: