Pokemon Sword and Shield are available on Nintendo Switch. It has grown to be immensely popular with the launch of The Island of Armor, the first of the two DLCs that was introduced as part of the expansion pass. The latest DLC took the game to a whole new competitive level. Today, Nintendo is rolling out a new update for Pokemon Sword and Shield. This new update bumps the game up to 1.2.1. According to the official support page, this update aims to fix some of the annoying bugs and several other issues to improve the gameplay experience. The 1.2.1 update is live now, so let us look at what this new update has in store for the players.
Version 1.2.1 (Released July 7, 2020)
- A bug in regards to the number of digits for password settings has been fixed
- In regards to the passwords that can be set for Y-Comm and Max Raid Battles, the bug where players could be matched with others whose passwords were not coinciding has been fixed.
Other Updated Content
- Several issues have been fixed to improve the gameplay experience
How to Update Pokemon Sword and Shield
- Connect the Nintendo Switch Console to the Internet.
- Go the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The new update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- On completing installation of the new update, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
News about the Upcoming Crown Tundra
Pokemon Sword and Shield will receive new content later this year with the Crown Tundra DLC expansion pass. According to the official Nintendo Website, the Crown Tundra is set to be released in November 2020. This new area which will be unlocked by Expansion Pass owners will have beautiful scenery and silvery landscape. Twitter and Reddit users have already leaked some of the upcoming and returning Pokemon for the new Crown Tundra DLC.