Pokemon GO is a popular augmented reality or AR adventure game in the Pokemon franchise. The game comes from a collaboration between publisher Niantic with Nintendo and also The Pokemon Company. It is available on mobile, both on iOS and Android since its launch in 2016.
With the release of the brand new iPhones. Many fans of Pokemon GO are wondering how they can fix the Adventure Sync issue in iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro & iPhone 13 Pro Max. This article is a comprehensive guide on how the issue is easily solvable & the steps to successfully solve it.
What is Pokemon GO Adventure Sync?
Pokemon GO Adventure Sync is a special optional feature in the game. When Adventure Sync is turned on, the feature allows the game to track a player’s activity. Likewise, the feature uses GPS location and information from fitness apps such as the Apple Health app. The game uses the information for providing players with in-game rewards for the distance walked while the game is not running in the foreground. Players can gain any Buddy Candy, get eggs hatched, or earn rewards to meet fitness goals. Before the release of Adventure Sync, players had to open the game to monitor their location & steps.
How to fix the Adventure Sync issue in iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro & iPhone 13 Pro Max?
The steps to fix the issue are:
- Confirm the Adventure Sync is activated – Always make sure the Adventure Sync option in-game is turned on.
- Log Out and Re-Login – Signing out of your account and also, signing out of the health app for a while. Then logging in again can fix the sync issues.
- Close the game completely – Always confirming that the game is completely closed can fix the issue. In order to get credit for fitness data, the game needs to be fully closed.
- Ensure the location permissions are given to Adventure Sync. On iOS : Go to iOS Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> Pokemon GO -> and turn Location Permissions to “Always”
- Make sure that in the iPhone settings, open Apple Health and in Sources. Under Apps, Pokemon Go is listed as Connected Source. Ensure that Adventure Sync is allowed. Also, in “Settings”>” Privacy”>” Motion & Fitness” and always enable the “Fitness Tracking” option.
- Ensure that the battery saver option in the Apple Health app is turned off for Pokemon GO.
- In some cases, there may be a delay of up to several hours for the Pokemon GO app to sync with Apple Health. Therefore, restarting the app will fix the issue in this scenario.
Read more info on the game here