Pokemon Go has shiny pokemon which are attainable through various ways, however, we have created a proper guide for you to get a shiny Pokemon, this is quite time-consuming however comparatively to other methods, it’ll take you less time.
This method does include switching locations as you will be only hunting shiny Pokemon which have a rare chance to spawn, you will require a 3rd party app and should follow our instructions as they are to ensure you don’t get a soft ban, this ban only occurs when a player interacts with a location which they reached through spoofing their location.
You will need to install PGSharp, this will help find and catch Shiny Pokemon without getting a soft ban, you can install it from here.
PGSharp app is required as it has a very important feature which is “feed”, through the feed you can find specific Pokemon within your area or worldwide, you can teleport to these Pokemon, catch them and leave after a time limit.
How to catch a shiny?
Once you have installed the PGSharp app, keep it open in the background.
- Open Pokemon Go and Log in
- Once opened, switch over to the PGSharp app and click on “Feed”, then select “IV 100” filter, now the chances of getting a shiny Pokemon without any special community event or a gym battle and so on are 1 out of 450, hence to prevent you wasting your youth, we suggest only looking for the shiny Pokemon which you like and are available.
- Start tapping on the selected Pokemon and click on “Teleport”, you will be teleported to that location and now you have to be careful
- Once you spot the Pokemon and tap on it to start the battle if it is not shiny then do not throw the Pokeball or interact with any gym, Pokestop in the surrounding, simply back out of the battle and go teleport to the next location of your choice
- This does get quite repetitive as the chances are quite low but it does help narrow them down
- When you do eventually find a shiny, then catch it, however, you’ll be stuck in that area for 2 hours before you can leave again, if you do attempt to leave, it’ll result in a soft ban which you want to avoid.
Using the steps above you should be able to catch a shiny Pokemon, we would suggest definitely doing this during a community event as the chances to find a shiny Pokemon increase drastically.