At times, a heavy load on your graphic card can often lead to screen tearing. In simple words, screen tearing occurs when the video feed to your computer is not going along with your display’s refresh rate. As a result, we get to see distorted graphics. Since the GPU (Graphic Card) is under heavy pressure, it cannot refresh properly. There are ways in which you can get this issue fixed. For Nvidia GPU users, these methods are very effective for solving the Screen Tearing Issues.
Nvidia VSync Enable and Disable
- From your desktop, right-click to bring the drop-down menu.
- Here you will get access to Nvidia Control Panel.
- On the left-hand side, you will see the option of 3D Settings.
- Under here, click on Manage 3D Settings.
- As you open Manage 3D Settings, you will come across two tabs: Global Settings and Program Settings.
- Choose Global Settings
- Under this tab, you will find Vertical Sync. Click on it.
- You can turn it off if previously it was switched on.
- Therefore, if the Vertical sync was switched on previously, then you can switch it off.
- Apply the changes, and make the save.
- Exit Nvidia Control Panel.
Disabling Game-mode plus full-screen optimizations
This can be due to system settings. Therefore, you can make changes from System settings. To do this:
- In the search box on your taskbar, type out Settings.
- As the Settings open up, you need to choose Gaming. It has got the Xbox logo as its icon.
- Once you tap in Gaming, you will see an option called Game Bar towards your left.
- Select this, and disable the Xbox Game Bar for things like recording game clips, chatting with friends and receiving game invites.
- Switch off the Game Mode
- After this, restart your PC or Laptop.
These are some effective ways to fix the Screen Tearing Issue faced by your Nvidia GPU. For more PC gaming guides and updates, head here.