New World is an online role-playing multiplayer game that was released on September 28, 2021, developed by Amazon Game Studios, a very anticipated release in which players are now facing a connection error, problems such as these are quite common in online games and there could be a variety of reasons behind this error, we will address various solutions for this error so you can troubleshoot the error and properly begin your adventure in Aeternum.
Solutions for connection error in New World
We have listed a few quick fixes which you should check and try, in case they may resolve the connection error being faced in New World
- Ensure that your computer isn’t installing an update, game or performing any task which requires an installation as this does end up causing issues in connecting to a server
- If someone in your household is using high bandwidth applications then this is also a cause for connectivity issues
- Ensure you’re not using any form of a VPN or Proxy when attempting to connect to a server
- Ensure your clock is set to the right time on your system
Check for Windows Updates
- Press the Windows button or click on the windows button at the bottom right corner of your system, and type in “Check for updates”
- A window will pop up, check for updates and update your system if there are any
Close other applications
- Press ctrl+alt+delete to open task manager
- under the “Processes” tab, click on “Network” to filter applications using the most bandwidth to least
- Begin closing the applications which aren’t being used and are using a good amount of bandwidth
Verify integrity of files
- Open steam, right-click on the game, and select “Properties”
- Click on the “Local Files” tab and select “Verify files integrity”
- This will check whether you have all the files installed, if any are missing you will be prompted and they will be reinstalled automatically
Restart your router and modem
- Unplug your router and modem
- Wait for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then plug the cables of your modem in again, and then wait another 30 seconds for your modem to boot
- Plug the cables back into your router
Change to a wired connection
Switching to a wired connection using a LAN cable removes any wireless interference, weak signals and so on.
- Connect a LAN cable directly from your router or modem to your system
- Now you need to disable the wireless connection to ensure that it only picks up the wired connection, to do this press win+r
- type in “ncpa.cpl” into the window, and press enter
- Select your wireless connection, it will probably be labeled “Wi-Fi”
- Right-click on this and disable it, your computer will no longer be able to connect wirelessly to the internet
- You can enable this at any time you wish.
Troubleshoot your firewall
- Press windows+r, and type in “firewall.cpl” and press enter
- Click on “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall”
- Click on “Allow another app”, locate and select “NewWorldLauncher.exe” and then click add
- Make sure that New World has checkmarks under both the Private and Public columns, you can do this by clicking on “Change settings” and locate “NewWorldLauncher.exe” to check these two columns.
These are various solutions that you can try and see whether they resolve the connectivity issue you’re facing.