The error message: EFEAB30C OR 4B538E50 is one of the most common errors encountered among players of NBA 2K22. This is not a bug or glitch per se. With the release of the latest NBA 2K game, many players are facing this issue.
Here is a list of the reasons for the error message and a brief guide on how to solve this error:
If the error message: EFEAB30C OR 4B538E50 pops up when trying to play NBA 2K22, this is most commonly because of the incomplete download of the latest data and update. Consequently, players cannot continue playing the game until the latest data download is complete.
This happens on both PC and Console versions of NBA 2K22. The duration of download depends upon the size of the latest data and also, the speed of the internet connection you’re using for the download.
Once the download of the latest data is complete, a pop-up message tells you to return to the main menu. Therefore, back in the main menu, you will be met with a loading screen. This is necessary for the latest data to apply.
Account email confirmation needs to be sent again
To reconfirm your account email, follow the following steps-
- Got to the NBA 2K website
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
- Enter your MyPlayer account name and password.
- Once login is successful, that is an automatic re-verification of your account.
Exceeded limit of the amount of NBA 2K accounts on your console
The limit number of NBA 2K accounts on a single console is 5. Once the number of accounts exceeds the limit, server access to the accounts is disallowed except for the first five. There is currently no workaround and players have to use the first five accounts to play.
Software blocking connection to the NBA 2K servers
If that’s the case, players can follow the following steps:
- On a computer (connected to the router you are currently using), open the
Windows menu, type “CMD” and press Enter.
- Enter the following command: pathping -n 220.127.116.11 in the command prompt.
- After a few seconds, statistics show up on the command prompt. Copy the output, and paste it into Notepad.
- Back at the prompt, type in tracert 18.104.22.168 and press Enter. Please wait until the window says Trace Complete.
- Copy that information as well and send both of these documents to customer support as attachments.
Deleted reserved space for the game on your hard drive
Games like NBA 2K22 use reserved space on your hard drive for updates and patches. The error message pops up if this space on your hard drive is not available. The game recreates this space when it launches. Therefore, make sure not to delete this space.
Data is out of sync
If your data is out of sync, make sure to completely download the updates and patches. After that, always go back into the menu for updates to apply successfully to avoid the error message.
If data is out of sync on the Nintendo Switch, follow these steps:
- Hold down on the power button.
- Select “Power Options” from the menu.
- Then, select “Power Off” to shut the Switch down completely.
- Turn the Switch back on and also, boot up NBA 2K22.
Additional Note: If MyPlayer Account is expired message is received, follow these steps:
On a computer,
- Go to this link
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
- Choose the online service you’re playing on (either Xbox Live, PSN, Nintendo, or Steam).
- Enter an email address or username and password. Once login is successful, that is successful new account verification.