The Meizu 17 series of devices are the latest flagships from the Chinese OEM. These devices came a few months back with the latest Android 10 based Flyme 8.1 out of the box. Flyme OS is one of the most beautiful and minimal custom OS we have come across. Flyme 8.1 takes the game to even a level further. It seems things are just getting started for Meizu as the brand is now rolling out the all-new Flyme 184.108.40.206A update for the Meizu 17 series.
The OTA package weighs in around a chunky 2.61GB in size. While this isn’t a major OS upgrade, the huge list of new features and changes makes up for the huge update package. Some of the major highlights of the update include full-scene video anti-shake, bright screen fast charging, along with a lot of other new features. We also get to see a lot of optimizations and system improvements as well. Overall, users get a much smoother experience than earlier.
In case you want to take a much deeper look at the changes, here is the complete changelog for the update.
Meizu 17 Series Flyme 220.127.116.11A Changelog
FUNCTION IMPROVEMENT AND ADDITION
- Optimize the automatic brightness animation effects as well as gesture navigation.
- Adds game vibration switch to meet user needs
- Support bright screen fast charge, you can also quickly charge the phone when fiddling the phone.
- Adds a full-screen display option to provide an immersive visual experience for applications that do not support fullscreen.
- Adjust the display effect of the back navigation bar.
- While ensuring the quality of the picture, the restrictions on the file size of the screen recording are also relaxed. Thus feature also saves storage space.
- Preset Google’s basic services to use Google applications such as Gmail and Google Maps.
- Intelligent distribution of network speed according to application usage frequency as well as scenery. With this feature, there will be no disconnection at critical moments.
- The video anti-shake now covers more scenes. The new algorithm also maintains the best balance of image quality and anti-shake effect. The shooting is clearer.
- Meizu 17 Pro supports the main camera/super-wide-angle/front recording while Meizu 17 supports the main camera and front recording.
- Meizu 17 Pro adds 129° ultra-wide-angle switch, the screen easily installs more elements. The imaging is more like a professional production.
- HDR mode supports a multi-frame noise reduction algorithm. It also automatically optimizes high-sensitivity image quality. Furthermore, this addition reduces noise and enriches dark details of images.
- This new update adds a new zoom control.
- Optimizes the issue of abnormal power consumption in some scenarios.
- Solves the problem which causes the power button not to light u the screen
- This update also fixes the occasional abnormal sound of the speaker
- Solves the issue of the speaker turning on occasionally during calls
- Tackles the issue of an invalid network sharing the connection to laptop
- Takes care of the bug that causes the multi-task card not to display the lock button
- Optimizes the problem of returning to the desktop in landscape mode and icons loading too slowly
- Solve the problem that the ring icon is not displayed in the screenshot when using ring power
- Solve the problem that the game assistant pops up in the non-game interface
- Fixes the problem that the occasional bubble notification and the barrage notification are displayed at the same time in the game mode
- Fix incomplete display of icons in desktop folders
- Fix the drop-down notification bar
- Solves the problem which causes the bottom icon of the desktop to disappear in some scenarios
- Fixes the issue that causes the small window content to display abnormally
- Fix the phenomenon that the mobile phone display is small and the content of the small window is displayed abnormally.
- Tackles the issue of overlapping display of lock screen music and notification messages
- Solves the issue that makes the super-fast rechargeable screen animation not to display the SUPER icon
- Fixes the blank notification bar
- Solve the problem of a stroboscopic camera in some scenes
- App avatars now work perfectly for third-party apps
- Fixes problems related to notification alert ringtone
- Solves the issue that makes the USB sharing network to be inactive
Did you receive the update? If yes, which new feature do you like the most? Do let us know in the comments below and stay tuned for further updates on the Meizu 17 series Flyme 18.104.22.168A update.