Many League of Legends players are trying out this game on the recently launched, Microsoft Windows 11. Unfortunately, the players who are playing it on Windows 11, are facing the error named “Critical Error has occurred”. In this guide, we will be focusing on solving the Windows 11 error “A critical error has occurred” while playing League of Legends for you. So, let’s get right into it.
How to fix LOL “A critical error has occurred” of League of Legends on Windows 11?
This error is quite ordinary and therefore it can occur to anyone. Here are some methods following which you can easily fix this error:
1) Ending unnecessary tasks from Task Manager: Open the task manager by pressing “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” and end all processes that are related to RiotGames and League of Legends. Along with these, you must also end the applications that may overlay the screen while playing LoL.
2) Delete the suspected folders: Open up your File Explorer and navigate to the drive on which you saved League of Legends. Usually it is C > Program Files > Riot Games > VALORANT > League of Legends. In the League of Legends folder, delete the Config and DATA folders. These will not affect you in a bad manner.
3) Changing some Properties: Right-click on the League of Legends launcher and click on properties. Under the Compatibility tab, check the Disable fullscreen optimizations option. After that, click on Run this program as an administrator.
4) Windows Firewall: There is a strong possibility that any third-party antivirus software is blocking parts of the game’s software. So, to make sure it does not happen, Open the “Firewall & Network Protection” system settings window (simply search on Windows search bar) > Click on Allow an app through firewall > Click on Change Settings > Check League of Legends. If you are not able to find this game on this list, you have to browse it from the location of the main folder of the game.
5) Update your Graphics Drivers and Windows to the latest version: This point is the easiest to follow, yet most players forget to do this. Update your Graphics Drivers from GeForce Experience or AMD Driver Suite and Windows by searching “Update” in the Windows search bar.
So, this was how you can fix the LOL Critical Error. If you found this guide helpful, share it with your friends.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.