Kerbal Space Program 2 players have recently run into the Missing Executable error on their PC. This is a very annoying issue that pops up randomly. Folks have been trying all sorts of things to get rid of it. Now, there are several reasons why you might encounter this issue while playing the game. So, if you are also looking for a solution, then you have come to the right place.
There are only a handful of good space exploration and engineering games out on the internet. The first game in this series was fantastic. Although players had access to only a limited amount of things, the game was overall quite enjoyable. Though at the moment, the same cannot be said for Kerbal Space Program 2. The game is still in the Early Acess phase so things will eventually get better. But right now, players are running into one issue after another. Well, we are going to help you fix the Missing Executable error in the game.
| Also read: How to fix the Borderless Window mode not working issue in Kerbal Space Program 2?
Kerbal Space Program 2 Missing Executable Error on PC: How to fix it?
There are a couple of methods to fix this issue on PC. We have listed all these solutions below for you. You will also find some general troubleshooting tips alongside them. So without further ado, let us begin.
1) Reboot your PC-
First and foremost, you need to reboot your PC. This usually fixes small bugs and glitches. So, close all the programs and then restart your system.
2) Verify the game files-
Missing or corrupt game files can also trigger these types of issues when playing video games. This is a common problem that you can resolve by verifying or repairing the game files. To do so, just follow the instructions below.
- Launch the Steam Client.
- Go to Library and right-click Kerbal Space Program 2.
- Select Properties and go to the Local Files tab.
- Click on the Verify integrity of the game files option.
3) Skip the Steam Launcher-
Well, you can skip the Steam launcher process to fix the issue. But before this, you will need to copy the installation path of the game. To do this, open Steam and go to Library. Now, right-click on Kerbal Space Program 2 and then go to Manage> Browse Local Files. Now, copy the location of the game folder and then head back to Steam and follow these steps.
- Right-click Kerbal Space Program 2 on your Steam Library.
- Select Properties and go to the General tab.
- Under Launch Options, type one quotation mark (“) and then paste the location of the installation folder.
- Then, copy-paste this code right after the path- \KSP2_x64.exe” %command%. Don’t put any space between this code and the installation path.
- Close the Window and then launch the game.
4) Run the game as administrator and from the installation folder-
A lot of times, running the game with administrative privileges resolves many issues. So, go to the game’s installation folder and right-click on the executable file. Now, head over to the Compatibility tab and check the box next to the Run this application as an administrator option. Then, click on Apply and close the Window. Now, double-click the executable file to run the game directly through the installation folder.
5) White list the game from Anti Virus and Firewall-
Your Firewall and Antivirus can sometimes block important game files. This can also trigger the Missing Executable error. You can add the game to an exception list so that this does not happen again. It is very easy to do so.
- Press the Windows key and type Control Panel.
- Now, go to System and Security> Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on the Allow a feature or an app through the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Now, click on Change Settings> Allow another app.
- Click on Browse and go to the game’s installation folder.
- Add the executable file and then reboot your PC.
6) Reinstall the game-
Now, if none of the workarounds worked, then you can try reinstalling the whole game. Note that this can be quite a hassle. So, use this method as a last resort. Uninstall the game and then remove all the related files from your PC. Then, do a clean installation. After this, the issue should be fixed.
Well, this brings us to the end of the artic;e. We hope that you were able to resolve the issue. Stay tuned to Digi Statement for more such gaming guides.