The recently released single-player business simulator game, Jurassic World Evolution 2 has been receiving very positive reviews from critics. Developed and published by Frontier Developments, it is the sequel to 2018’s Jurassic World Evolution. Currently, it is available to play on the most popular video game platforms in the world including Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X and Series S. As this game has also launched on PCs, the players have started reporting some crashing, freezing, and not launching issues of this game. Mostly, these issues get triggered by some common reasons. So, in this article, we are going to talk about the fixes and workarounds of these issues that you can apply to resolve them. Here is everything you need to know about it.
Fixes and Workarounds: Jurassic World Evolution 2 Crashing, Freezing, not launching & working issues
Here is the list of the possible fixes and workarounds that you can apply to fix these issues. You must note that there is a possibility that your issue does not get resolved by any of these fixes. But, these workarounds are worth a try as they are based on some generic causes:
- You can start by restarting your PC. This can end the unnecessary tasks that might be causing the issues.
- Install Visual C++ files: You have to install or repair visual C++ files. For this, you have to install, both, x86 and x64 versions.
- Download x86 Version
- Download x64 Version
- Disable in-game overlay: Open Steam > Head to your Game Library > Go to the settings or properties of FIFA 22 > Disable the in-game Origin or Steam Overlay. You can also end any other application that has a screen overlay like Discord, GeForce Experience, etc.
- Allow the JWE2.exe file to antivirus or Windows Security: Perform this step at your own risk as your PC can be vulnerable to threats through this step. To allow the game to Windows Security, Start Menu > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus and threat Protection > Manage Ransomware protection > Allow an App through Controlled Folder Access > Add an Allowed Apps > Browse all Apps > Open the game installation folder and select JWE2.exe.
- Clean Installation of your Graphics Drivers: You can do a clean installation of the graphics drivers too. Visit here for Nvidia Graphics Drivers, and visit here for AMD Graphics Driver.
- Update Windows 10 or 11 to the latest version: Search Update in Windows Search Bar and Open it > Check if there are any updates and update your system. Also, perform the clean boot at the end.
- Verify the integrity of the game files: Most of the issues that occur in the Steam games get fixed by this method. It will delete any corrupted files that might have occurred in the Jurassic World Evolution 2 folder and re-download them. It also downloads the missing files that might be causing any issue. To verify game files, follow these steps:
- Open the Steam Launcher.
- Go to your library
- Right-click Jurassic World Evolution 2 and click on Properties.
- Under the local files tab, click on “Verify integrity of game files”
- Run the game as an administrator from the game installation folder.
- If you have a dedicated graphics card, then you must run the game on it only. Go to Graphics settings from Windows Search Bar > Browse > JWE2.exe (Game Installation Folder). Once it is added to the list, select Options, check high performance, and click on save.
So, this was all about fixing the crashing, freezing, and not launching issues of this game. If you found this article helpful, share it with your friends.
Also, check out: Jurassic World Evolution 2: How to unlock Aviary, Avian Viewing Gallery & Aviary Hatchery