The brand new Xbox Series X brings a high-level gaming experience for players. It can clock up to 120 frames per second and provide a truly immersive 4K gaming experience. The controller has also been taken a step ahead, and Microsoft continues to roll out software updates. These updates ensure that the controller clocks top-level performance and accentuate your gaming experience. You can also update the firmware version of the Series X controller via PC. Henceforth in this article, we share the details on updating the Series X Controller via PC.
Xbox Series X Controller Update via PC
- Download the Xbox Accessories app from your Microsoft Store
- To search for this store, go to the Search bar (in your taskbar, down below) and search Microsoft Store
- As Microsoft Store opens up, search for Xbox Accessories. This is free software to download.
- After the download is complete, click on Launch.
- The software would launch where it would ask you to connect a device.
- Use a USB cable to connect your Xbox Series X controller with your PC.
- As you connect the Controller with your PC, the app would be able to detect the same.
- Upon detection, it will prepare the Xbox Wireless Controller for Configuration.
- You will get to see the option of Configure
- Below it, you will get to see 3 dots at the bottom.
- Click on the same, and in the next window, you will come across the option of Update available.
- This option would also show the Firmware version of the update available for your Xbox.
- Click on Update available, and the Accessories app would ask you to keep your Xbox Series X controller connected with a USB drive.
- Click on Continue, and the software would start the update.
- Upon the completion of the update, the Xbox Accessories app will confirm the same.
This is how you can update the firmware version of your Xbox Series X controller via PC. For more such guides and updates on Xbox, head here.