The Xbox provides a great gaming experience. But often, a lot of us face slow download speed in our Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. How to fix this? Read this article where we share the step-by-step details for you.
Xbox One/Series X Download Speed Upgrade
- Access the Main Menu
- From there, head to Settings.
- Therefore, from here, you will get tabs on the left.
- From here, select System.
- As the System opens up, you will head to Updates & Downloads
- Upon opening of Updates & Downloads, you will get to see two options
These two options are
Keep my console up to date
Keep my games & apps up to date
- You need to turn off these two settings. To do the same, uncheck the checkbox.
- After this, go back to the System tab.
- From the left, scroll up using your controller and select General (on the top)
- From General, select Power mode & startup
- Henceforth select Full shutdown
After you shut down your console, you also need to switch off your Router. Wait for 10 seconds for both of them. Now, restart your router first, and wait for it to load up so that the internet connection is working. After this, restart your Xbox console.
As the console restarts, you open the menu again and go to Settings
- From Settings, head to General menu
- This time, from the General tab, you will select Network Settings
- .With the opening of the Network menu, you go to Set up a wireless network
- Choose Advanced Settings
- Select DNS Settings
- As you open up, you will get the option between Automatic and Manual. Select Manual
- Now you need to put Primary IPv4 DNS.
- Here, you will write 220.127.116.11 (in simple words, write 8 in each box)
This is a Google DNS server. By changing from default DNS to Google DNS server, we can boost the download speed on your Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. You can also upgrade your Internet speed plans to get faster download speed on your Xbox consoles.
For more Xbox guides and fixes, head here.