Gaming consoles have taken over the gaming community by storm. Unlike the last decade, people generally prefer playing on a PlayStation or Xbox rather than the same old pc setup. Well, it doesn’t mean that your high-end pc is worthless, but to be honest gaming consoles have changed the way of gaming. A gaming controller feels handier than a regular keyboard and mouse. Moreover, the PS5 controller comes in different varieties with different add-ons that give it a completely different look and feel. Today we are going to talk about the methods to update PS5 controller software.
The introduction of virtual reality in the gaming console industry has been an absolute game-changer. Not only it gives us a real-life experience, but also it’s fun to play. This trick will work in every scenario, even if you have dismissed your update notification. Here are some steps to follow.
Before proceeding, disconnect your Internet connection and power down your console. Restart the console but do not connect the internet service.
- Go to Settings and click on the System tab.
- Scroll down to Date and time to open it. Click on Set date manually.
- Set your date to your previous day and save the changes.
- Go back to the home screen and turn off your console.
- Wait a minute or two before switching on your console. Also, connect the Internet Lan cable and the controller to the PS5 using a USB cable.
- On powering up your console, you will be greeted with a notification of controller software update.
- Click on Update now.
- Make sure to have a decent Wi-Fi connection. If you are having a metered connection then turn that off and connect to your Wi-Fi.
- Wait until the update is over.
- Turn off your wireless controller from the home screen.
- Wait for a minute or two.
- Turn on your wireless controller. It should fire off the update notification automatically.
Here are two of the ways to update your controller. Also, remember to change the date to the recent date. It should work like a charm for you. If you get stuck in any of the steps to update PS5 controller software, watch the YouTube video of MonkeyFlop. He has vividly explained the steps for you.